Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Procharger pulley to boost ratios

Hey, I noticed that there wasn't a comprehensive list
      Of pulley to boost ratios for the Procharger units.
      I am going to start one. If you have any info based on your engine. Send me info.
      I have a 2002 Jeep 3.7L V6 custom built with 9.8:1 ceramic top pistons, Internally balanced crank with an additional balance shaft, ATI 6" crank pulley, ported/polished, /balanced port heads, oversized AS valves, S.O.S coil packs, Brisk spark plugs, Fastman throttle body.
      We will dyno the engine in the 500 horsepower range. Shift rpm is 6500.
      We are building this motor for endurance racing off road. Any idea on what Pulley size to get 10 lbs. Boost

You might try posting this in the appropriate forum, for more input.

Country Flag: United States
      I think what you are asking is a lot more complicated than just a simple xx pulley results in yy boost. Remember, boost is a measure of resistance. You can spin a blower faster and get more air flow, but if your engine is not able to consume that air, boost will rise, but power may not go up correspondingly. On top of that, if the engine is not able to consume the extra air flow, then it will get hotter, which presents other problems. I am pretty sure that is why Procharger does not have a chart.

I would give Procharger a call, tell them what your combination is and get a recommendation for pulley size give then blower headunit that you plan to run.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her