Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

What injectors do you all use? I

What higher flowing LS3-LS7 injectors do you all use? I really don't know what to get. The infamous Injector Dynamics with their $1000 injectors is just nuts! But it seems internet hype will make you think others with Data are not that great and brands like FAST without data are junk. So what's the truth here? I did have FIC modified injectors on my LS1 but it didn't idle and run spectacular but that could had nothing to do with the injectors themselves or maybe it did...
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I believe my injectors are Bosch and they are 48 pound injectors used with the TPIS Miniram and controlled by the Holley HP EFI ECU
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

The Fast injectors are hit or miss from my experience, sometimes you get a good set that's well matched and sometimes you don't. I try to stick with oem injectors if at all possible because they're consistent and the data is typically widely available. For your LS7 I would use LS9 injectors, they should be plenty of injector to get the job done. GM# 12598646

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      What higher flowing LS3-LS7 injectors do you all use? I really don't know what to get. The infamous Injector Dynamics with their $1000 injectors is just nuts! But it seems internet hype will make you think others with Data are not that great and brands like FAST without data are junk. So what's the truth here? I did have FIC modified injectors on my LS1 but it didn't idle and run spectacular but that could had nothing to do with the injectors themselves or maybe it did...
      Maybe post some more info on your engine with any mods that you are doing?
      I am building a mild LS7 for a buddy's 67' and went up to the same injectors that Tim mentioned the LS9, ZR1, ZL1, LSA 56#( GM #12598646 ) compared to stock LS3/ LS7 42#
      Also, running same ones in my 408 stroker in my sand rail

FYI, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497185

Jeff

We have a large database of injector flow data here because we make aftermarket versions.

What static/dynamic/coil resistance are you in need of? I would be able to match an OE part number for you.

Defending the Injector Dynamics for a minute: the data provided will get your tune pretty close to optimal from day 1, which can save you much angst (measured in both time and money). I have used them with great success.

LS9 injectors are a good idea for the same reason: the data for them is easy to find and can get your tune off on the right foot.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

You want the smallest injectors needed for the power level and fuel type you are using without pushing them past 90% duty cycle so you have some head room.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty rick View Post
      You want the smallest injectors needed for the power level and fuel type you are using without pushing them past 90% duty cycle so you have some head room.
      I would disagree here. Just the opposite. The relatively new injectors can support huge volumes while still maintaining excellent idle, tip in capability. Shoot for an injector to provide 50% or less duty cycle at max power. This keeps the injector cool and happy and allows plenty of head room for future mods or E85. This is where the money you spend on the ID's pays off if your tuner knows how to use the data (they should!). If your using a stock ECM, ID has the correct linear flow injectors for those applications.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      I would disagree here. Just the opposite. The relatively new injectors can support huge volumes while still maintaining excellent idle, tip in capability. Shoot for an injector to provide 50% or less duty cycle at max power. This keeps the injector cool and happy and allows plenty of head room for future mods or E85. This is where the money you spend on the ID's pays off if your tuner knows how to use the data (they should!). If your using a stock ECM, ID has the correct linear flow injectors for those applications.
      This one. OE applications are roughly 50% duty cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Which ID's? I have been paying 640 for 1k's.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      $640 for ID 1000s? Where? That's a good price

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      $640 for ID 1000s? Where? That's a good price

I'm running Bosch-IIIs on my TPIS Miniram set up and also shot for 50% DC. They work fantastically.

1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com