Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

XXR 559 or 521 on 1969 Camaro Need Help with Spacers

Gents,

Can someone smarter than me help with these dimensions so I can see if there wheels will work for the 1969 camaro?

XXR 559
      https://firstchoicewheelsandtires.co...eel&item=26182
      https://firstchoicewheelsandtires.co...eel&item=26185

19x8.5f and 19x10r
      +40mm Offset

I will have a trueturn in the front and coil overs in the back to set the ride height.

question on these, will my brakes get lost way behind these wheels given the offsets?

will the hub size give me any issues? 72.56

XXR 521
      http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-521-Wh...p/52188142.htm
      http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-521-Wh...p/52180142.htm

18x8.5f +25 offset
      18x10r +25 offset

I am looking for a inexpensive option until i can get my forgelines and tubs done. Suspension and brakes then interior are first so I would imagine I will use these for a year or so.

What are your thoughts?

Any help on the XXR 521s would be greatly appreciated!

Country Flag: United States
      I use XXR wheels and for the first set to sit inside the fenders I used an 1-1/4 spacers here is what the look like

here is the wheel tag with offset and width

here they are with car at stance

18x10 with a 25mm offset equals 6.5" of backspacing.

You need around 5.75" for both the front (w/tru-turn) and rear.

6.5 - 5.75 = 0.75"

You need a 0.75" adapter. That would be about 19mm if you find one in that size. I've seen some that were 20mm that I was thinking about using with the XXR 521s.

If you are brave and don't mind doing work to your outer fenders, you could try a common 1" adapter. That would put the backspace and front space both at 5.5 ( zero offset). It would push the wheels out 0.25" more than the "ideal" 0.75" spacer, but I think it could work. Rodney Prouty was running 5.5" BS wheels on all four corners on Plain Jane recently. They were different XXRs.

EDIT: Dang, Rodney tree'd me...lol

Let us know if you try any of these combos. I would be very curious how they would fit on an actual car.

on the second set, and these are 10.5 rims...I used 1-1/2 fronts and 2inch rears and this was for fender flares for 315 tires

at stance

at optima this year

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsBlueCamaro View Post
      18x10 with a 25mm offset equals 6.5" of backspacing.

You need around 5.75" for both the front (w/tru-turn) and rear.

6.5 - 5.75 = 0.75"

You need a 0.75" adapter. That would be about 19mm if you find one in that size. I've seen some that were 20mm that I was thinking about using with the XXR 521s.

If you are brave and don't mind doing work to your outer fenders, you could try a common 1" adapter. That would put the backspace and front space both at 5.5 ( zero offset). It would push the wheels out 0.25" more than the "ideal" 0.75" spacer, but I think it could work. Rodney Prouty was running 5.5" BS wheels on all four corners on Plain Jane recently. They were different XXRs.

EDIT: Dang, Rodney tree'd me...lol

Let us know if you try any of these combos. I would be very curious how they would fit on an actual car.
      Does same apply if I want to run the 18x10 up front as well? I thought the front and rear back spacing where different maybe that was wheel width.

a 3/4" spacer does not seem that bad honestly.

Country Flag: Germany
      Hey i got XXRs 531 in 19" on my 68 A Body BUICK GS
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...BUICK-GS-Build

the Backs are 19X10 ET 15, Fronts are 19x8.5 ET 35

i used a online Offset to BS calculator to determin the Adapters/Spacers
      http://www.weldwheels.com/ccwheel/faqs/converter/

the rears equal a 6.09 BS and fit fine without any spacers.. i just had to change the studs to 1-3/4Studs
      the fronts
      required aadapter.. i used a 1.5 inch adapter to equal the right BS... worked great.

just look out to use as less spacer or adapter as possible.

look also in the xxr 527D they new and could look great
      Name:  DSC_1214.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  116.5 KB

Have you guys found a supplier willing to custom drill the bolt pattern? I've never found these wheels in 5x4.75. Appears some are using adapters, so is that where you are making the conversion to 5x120mm?

I'm reading 3/4" spacers above so those certainly aren't conversion adapters. Please please please tell me no one is running 5x120mm wheels on 5x4.75 hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by RT66ProTouring View Post

I'm reading 3/4" spacers above so those certainly aren't conversion adapters. Please please please tell me no one is running 5x120mm wheels on 5x4.75 hubs.
      Yes, I am referring to an adapter from 5x4.75 to 5x114.3 that is 19mm thick.

Here's an example --> http://m.ebay.com/itm/5x4-75-to-5x4-...ATCHING_ACTIVE

Yeah, they are "eBay", but it just shows it can be done.

On another side note, You will likely need to trim down the studs on your hubs because the 521s don't have a pocket on the backside of the bolt circle, so nothing could stick out past the adapter mounting surface.

Rodney, did you have to trim the studs with your wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by mtm87tx View Post
      Does same apply if I want to run the 18x10 up front as well? I thought the front and rear back spacing where different maybe that was wheel width.

a 3/4" spacer does not seem that bad honestly.
      Correct, with the Tru-Turn you would need 5.75" of backspacing on the front with an 18x10 wheel.
      I just saw that you would be running the Tru-Turn and assumed that is what you'd do. :-)
      If you wanted to do the 18x8.5 on the front, I would just do a 1" adapter and center it in the wheel well. Be aware that the 18x8.5 521s have a slightly different face. Look carefully and you will see what I mean. The spokes go farther out and there is no second step to the lip. Just something that has bugged me about them since I noticed that.

Didn't know a conversion spacer came that thin. Learn something new every day.

Correct, with the Tru-Turn you would need 5.75" of backspacing on the front with an 18x10 wheel.
      I just saw that you would be running the Tru-Turn and assumed that is what you'd do. :-)
      If you wanted to do the 18x8.5 on the front, I would just do a 1" adapter and center it in the wheel well. Be aware that the 18x8.5 521s have a slightly different face. Look carefully and you will see what I mean. The spokes go farther out and there is no second step to the lip. Just something that has bugged me about them since I noticed that.
      Ok so here is my plan, I want to run the 18x10 on all 4 corners with the ridetech and 275/35/18's. What do you mean by having to trim the studs? I am planning to get 1 wheel in and use it to measure all 4 corners and have custom 120x5 to 4.75x5 adapters with the appropriate spacing and brake clearance.

And you are right I do not like the look of the 8.5 front wheel.

Country Flag: Germany
      You need to use "tuner lug nuts" regardless since the holes on xxrs are small. Therefore im just fine with 5x120 mm bolt pattern in the back. In the front i used exactly tjis spacers/adapters with1.5" thickness.
      I had to machine them to the right hub size. 50 down... Since the adapters are made for a s10 with 70.5 hub..

You can make it work easy
      Btw my spacers are from ebay and just fine.

Xxr make some good size wheelsfl for our cars/ purpose we just have to make them work..

Rodney, did you have to trim the studs with your wheels?
      yes the studs need to be trimmed down when you use a 1.250 adaptor, on the 1.5 adaptors its a 50-50 chance on trimming the studs and a 2.0 adaptor like for corvette rims to our early cars or to run the really wide stuff you wont have to trim, unless you have aftermarket (ARP, or others) studs

Looking like these wheels might not clear my brakes.. I might have to search for other options. I need 16.5 inch internal bore to clear my wilwoods

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com