Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Mustang Sally

Country Flag: United States

Mustang Sally

Hey Pro Touring Community, I am brand new here and have enjoyed reading through the forums. Maybe I am not on an island alone as I started to believe.
      I saw a few builds online, found a car I would base mine off of and started looking for old Ford bones. I am building a retro-mod, pro touring, grocery getter, to hopefully one day trailer to SEMA.
      I found an original 87,000 mile 65' Mustang Coupe from an original owner nearby. I brought her home Sept. 1, 16' and started stripping, I filled my box trailer with all the parts and ...... rust, rust, and more rust.
      Then by chance I found a convertible 65' GT, top mechanical doner and scrap metal, I am sure you all see where this is going. My Lincoln equipment has been buzzing for the last 3 months and I now have a full chassis for the project.
      I have procured a 15' coyote attached to a 6 speed and IRS. I also took delivery of a 11' C6 suspension, that is lining up nicely at the moment while Sally is being blasted. Some hurtles in the near future include finding the right coil overs, power steering pump, rack, and column. I am also starting research on the correct wheels as I am narrowing the vette and widening the stang. I would appreciate any recommendations you'all may have for my endeavor. Thank you, Jim

Welcome Jim!!!

Please start a build thread!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Yes, and do we ever like pictures! Lots of good folks and a lot of good information. more than likely if you have a question, someone has a answer.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com