Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Abc performance cost seem to high?

http://www.abcperformance.net/store/...roducts_id=144
      Tony wants over a grand for his lca's for chevy Abodies.
      Thought?? Why is he charging so much.
      72 chevelle.

Every business is free to price their product at whatever level they feel is appropriate. Whether a product is successful or not at a given price point will be determined by the consumer.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Sure seems like a lot of this stuff is getting out of hand, pricewise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Whether a product is successful or not at a given price point will be determined by the consumer.
      This is a basic concept of economics that most people don't seem to understand. Value is ultimately assigned (through dollar prices) at the time of the sale. It is the buyer that determines an items value, not the seller. When anyone sells anything, it is merely an offer, and the offer turns into value only when the process of exchange is complete. There are also five stipulations that must be present in order for an exchange to take place, but I'll leave that alone for now...lol

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      This is a basic concept of economics that most people don't seem to understand. Value is ultimately assigned (through dollar prices) at the time of the sale. It is the buyer that determines an items value, not the seller. When anyone sells anything, it is merely an offer, and the offer turns into value only when the process of exchange is complete. There are also five stipulations that must be present in order for an exchange to take place, but I'll leave that alone for now...lol

Andrew
      X2 on what's said above. Here in California people always complain about home prices etc. I simply reply "don't buy a house in California then"? If people keep forking over $400k or more for a house here in California then people will keep building/selling them at high values. Prices will just then continue to increase as builders keep testing the market on prices they can charge you. Banks love it to. We as a society make the determination on ANYTHING of value.

A couple of guys must of payed the ABC X amount to make those control arms and now he's raising the prices to test the market. People will argue cost of materials goes up,labor rates,building rent etc. to justify the price increase.
      Ahmad B.

I agree as well, if it's too high, don't buy. I agree there are a lot of things out there I think is over priced. If this person is selling at this price then so be it. You could always haggle with the guy and see if that works, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Like stated above, the buyer will determine if the price is too high or not.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

Andrew
      Now Andrew...lets not allow economics to get in the way of a good argument. Lol.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Greed Is Good!

Greed Is Right!

GREED WORKS!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      http://www.abcperformance.net/store/...roducts_id=144
      Tony wants over a grand for his lca's for chevy Abodies.
      Thought?? Why is he charging so much.
      Tony makes a great arm, and he has some geometry changes he wont give away...and just to prove how good his stuff is, his driver wheeled the big 70 Chevelle of his to a second place in the shoot out this weekend at Goodguys Nashville only to loose to Ryan Mattews and the DSE corvette, along the way posting faster times than the ridetech corvette, Mike Junior Johnson's corvette, the summit corvettes, faster than ridetechs Camaros, DSE's 2nd Gen Camaro my own Camaro, and any one along the way...he charges more because he has proven it works

Country Flag: Canada
      I got into a convo with Tony a year or so ago ...if I recall he told me he used to work as a engineer for gm ...or in the engineering area(s)... the man definitely knows what he's talking about and build his parts around this
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

If you think it is too expensive, then it is.

As far as the "his car goes fast, so the parts must be awesome" Matthew Braun put 3 seconds between himself and second place in CAMT at the CAM challenge east last year......in a car he had never driven. Mr Braun was 4 seconds faster than the owner of said car at that event.

That's not to take anything away from ABC, Tony is a helluva nice guy and makes great stuff.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Double post
      Last edited by chevelletiger; 05-28-2017 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Delete
      72 chevelle.

I never said i thought his stuff was too expensive,
      Just asking as other mfg. Lca for this model car are almost half the price of what tonys asking,and have geometry improvement designed into them.

I also never really see him or his co. On the forums.
      From the address he has,it looks like his shop is at his home.

His stuff does look good,and ive talked with him and hes a pretty smart guy.

I agree about matthew and his skill set.
      72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-It View Post
      X2 on what's said above. Here in California people always complain about home prices etc. I simply reply "don't buy a house in California then"? If people keep forking over $400k or more for a house here in California then people will keep building/selling them at high values. Prices will just then continue to increase as builders keep testing the market on prices they can charge you. Banks love it to. We as a society make the determination on ANYTHING of value.

A couple of guys must of payed the ABC X amount to make those control arms and now he's raising the prices to test the market. People will argue cost of materials goes up,labor rates,building rent etc. to justify the price increase.
      Well...the one big factor in ca. Home prices being high is the nice year round weather.
      Why do you think you and i live here!
      1hr to the beach,mountains ie, snow,or desert. And 3 hour to vegas if you drive fast, thats just me ;)
      72 chevelle.

Delete.
      72 chevelle.

I have in a 67 chevelle it work good it make the car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com