Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Holley Sniper EFI Backordered

Holley's new Sniper EFI self learning system is not projected to be available until late June or July. Anyone have any insight as to the reason for the delay's ? I've tried calling their tech line but you can get through without lengthy wait.

I've been thinking about installing either a Holley or Fitech but there's not many reviews available on the Holley. Anyone on this site have hands on experience with either the Holley or Fitech ? All the Fitech reviews look good. Almost to good ! Makes me wonder.

Country Flag: United States
      They have been shipping and folks have been running the Sniper system. They are just hard to get a hold of as they haven't gotten production ramped up enough.

As for info/reviews/troubleshooting, here is the best place for info on the web, http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-efi/ Lots of stuff to read!
      Mike Schwartz aka chevymike
      1955 Chevy 210 Wagon
      1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck
      1972 Chevy El Camino

http://www.efisystempro.com/sniper

I highly suggest ordering from these guys. Chris has been incredible, even gave me his cell phone number if I had any questions. You'll never get the same level of customer service from Summit Racing, Jegs, or even Holley. Holley does have a pretty active forum though.

I replaced EZ-EFI (version 1.0) with the Sniper and I'm very happy.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Nick,

Thanks for the tip. I did contact these people and they had a couple in stock. One is on the way as I type this. And Chris gave me his cell # as well and told me to call if I need any help. He said Holley is just overwhelmed at how well the Sniper is moving and they just cannot build them fast enough.
      Mike

I'm old, gray hair, balding, and retired, and I'm still wrenching on cars. I thought wisdom came with old age.

70 Camaro, 406 sb, 6spd, 4:10 gear, BMR Suspension

No problem, glad you ordered from them. Chris has been helping me with data logs already, turns out my O2 sensor went bad and we were scratching our head for a bit. Running well now.

If you're not afraid to play around with a laptop, download the Sniper EFI software which allows you to do all the tuning on your PC and also a few more advanced features as well. You can save your tunes on the SD card, tweak them on a computer, save onto the SD card and upload back into the Sniper ECU. They sell a data cable too so you can tune with the laptop real time, instead of going back and forth with the SD card. Don't let this scare you off if you're looking for something less intimidating, it's just optional features. This is my first time doing all of this (the EZ-EFI was ancient in comparison) and it's rather fun.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

I got this car over the winter out of Georgia and it has Holley 750 race carburetor without a choke. So instead of buying new carburetor and then having to tune it and still not know for sure it was right I decided to go with EFI. It will be a learning curve for me but it's time to move past carburetors. The self tuning will get me started and I can go from there.

Mike

I'm old, gray hair, balding, and retired, and I'm still wrenching on cars. I thought wisdom came with old age.

70 Camaro, 406 sb, 6spd, 4:10 gear, BMR Suspension

they have 2700 on backorder. Must be a very good system.
      69 Camaro
      03 z06
      90 mustang coupe

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com