Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States

Near Detroit- Need Aluminum Casting House/ Prototype Shop

In one of my other lives, I am involved with MG's the little British sports car that disappeared from our shores in 1980.

One MG variant is an MGC, powered with a 2.9l 6 cylinder boat anchor. The model was ultimately unsuccessful, with only 8998 to 9002 cars made, depending on who's counting, before being cancelled. Half came to the US. Not rare, just uncommon.

In recent years interest in the model has increased, and performance parts are in demand, such as it is. An owner on the west coast talked his son (an aerodynamicist) into designing a triple SU (single barrel side draught CV carburetor) intake system. After making perhaps 50 -60 sets, they determined that for them, further production effort exceeded reward. Fair enough. As a result, I bought the casting tooling from them so I can start volume production, maybe another 100 sets (300 manifolds.)

I have a job shop I think can do the machining, but I need an aluminum casting house in the Detroit that can do Greensand casting to pour the intakes

Anyone know or recommend a shop in the Detroit area that may be able to help me out?
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      No one in Detroit that can recommend a good sand casting house? OK, lets open this up. Can anyone anywhere recommend a sand casting house they have experience with? That is interested in small volume runs on the order of 100 castings at a whack?

I have a pattern for the manifold and for the core, that has produces a couple hundred castings already. Just looking for a place that can cast the manifolds.
      Greg Fast

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino

These guys do the casting for DSE's aluminum parts. http://www.bremermfg.com/

I have had no personal dealings with them.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thanks Lift-

sorry for the tardy response, I was on vacation memorial week,I'll reach out to bremer
      Greg Fast

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com