Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1972 nova build

Country Flag: United States
      I'm all about the brushed!

Country Flag: Hungary
      Nice build! I like the black color. Probably I will go that way also with my 72 Nova. My wheels have satin black center and gloss black rims. However the brushed wheels would look awesome to the black car I think. My wheels are pretty much the same that you show on your post.
      Could you tell me what is your original color code on your Nova? I like that brownish/goldish color. I would like to use that color on my 32 ford.

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Nice build. I am a follower now!
      1968 Camaro, 400SBC, Baer T4 13", Airride, Autometer, 18" Intro's, March, LED taillights, Magnaflow, König seats.
      1969 Nova, LS1/4L60e, Bear brakes, ridetech suspension, AFX spindles, 69 Camaro bumpers + some custom touches.

sorry i don't know what the factory color code is.
      Quote Originally Posted by medbali76 View Post
      Nice build! I like the black color. Probably I will go that way also with my 72 Nova. My wheels have satin black center and gloss black rims. However the brushed wheels would look awesome to the black car I think. My wheels are pretty much the same that you show on your post.
      Could you tell me what is your original color code on your Nova? I like that brownish/goldish color. I would like to use that color on my 32 ford.

Country Flag: Canada
      Awesome build,you are flying, took me about 13 years to get to where you are now , keep it going.

Thanks guys, hoping to have it running by this summer!
      More parts showed up, got the ricks tank resto mod and I’ll be dropping a zl1 pump in and then time to finally plumb the fuel lines.

Name:  IMG_0300.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  164.1 KB
      The goods! And the vintage air showed up today as well. Just need some gauges to get the whole dash wired up but i think I've spent most of my play money for a while.

also making some progress on the wiring...slowly. Its my weak side by far, my brain can only take a little bit at a time haha.

Good looking Nova!
      Greg Tholen
      GT Motorsports
      Dealer for Wilwood,Baer,Viking,Moser,BMR,Earl's
      (937)763-7272

More progress!

been a while sense I've had anything worth posting. Finished wiring the car(I hate wiring) and installing the vintage air, and ECU, installed fuel tank and plumbed. picked up a set of auto meter gauges and classic dash bezel, and a 12:1 turn one quick ratio steering gear. Finally got my front brake kit in and installed.
      Killing time wet sanding the body while i stash some more cash away for driveline, accessory drive, radiator and exhaust then it will be time to fire this beast!
      least picture should be close to ride height, I'm going to bring the back down a little to level it out. really hoping to have this thing driving this summer and start working the bugs out and have it dyne tuned. In a perfect world I would want it done this summer for some autocross action. Ultimate goal is to enter into one of the optima ultimate street car challenges, long road to go but some day!
      Name:  IMG_0424.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  110.7 KBName:  IMG_0501.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  181.7 KBName:  IMG_0516.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  227.1 KB

Nice project, I always like to see Nova builds!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

This is going to be awesome when it’s done. Subscibed

Progress! lots of little time consuming things getting done. Not as much as i would like but getting there slowly. all the body panels back on the car, power steering lines built, wiring behind the dash is almost complete. not very happy with how the new dash pad fits but guess ill try another brand later on. Radiator also showed uo from entropy, and the thing looks awesome! stoked for that. Need to build the exhaust and button up a few things and plumb the cooling systems and should be able to test fire it!
      Name:  IMG_0678.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  154.5 KBName:  IMG_0676.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  248.7 KBName:  IMG_0677.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  222.1 KBName:  IMG_0661.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  283.7 KB

A LOT of progress has happened since i last posted and still making headway! she runs drives and hauls ass! still have all the glass, trim, interior, and final polish to do but i can't help but to take it for short drives and give the motor a little break in time before it hits the dyno for tuning.
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Name:  ic26oxdNQ+WIHD9GWFxbcw.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  335.8 KB

Looking really good! And it is giving my motivation to go work on my ride.

very clean intake piping, did you fab it yourself?

Finally got it on the dyne for some tuning and she ended up putting 502HP and 460ft-lbs to the ground. couldn't be happier, I'm going to enjoy the rest of summer and finish the interior the winter!

Project is turning out Bitchin , a lot of hard work pays off. Good Job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com