Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Rear ports in rpm air gap

Are the rear ports in my RPM air gap intake suitable for sending units for the temperature sensor on my fast ez-efi? I see they are not crossovers so I'm worried about it being stagnant water not getting in the correct temperature?

Country Flag: United States
      It should work fine, might read a tad slow but should work fine. See if engine cools quickly that area may take slight amount more time to adjust but it would work fine.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Country Flag: United States
      I have always had the same question, my concern was if you just put a sending unit in the port is there enough water movement to read accurately.
      Just curious.
      Tom

Hello, I had a sending unit on the rear port of an rpm air gap to control an electric fan, I think there is enought water movement to read the temp accuratly but it will read an hotter temp vs the front port, about 30-40°F hotter.

I've wondered as well. What if you make a crossover line from bank to bank and put a sender fitting in it. I'm not sure what the flow pattern is in the heads but it should move side to side just like the front does.

Just my random thoughts.

Mike

I'm old, gray hair, balding, and retired, and I'm still wrenching on cars. I thought wisdom came with old age.

70 Camaro, 406 sb, 6spd, 4:10 gear, BMR Suspension

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com