Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Question on 1969 Camaro seat height(???)

I'm building a 69 Camaro (pro touring style so nothing much original), from scratch so don't have original seats. I believe the seats I have sit too high in the car. QUESTION IS: Can anyone tell me the measurement from where stock 69 seats bolt to the floor to the actual seat bottom that you sit on? In other words, when you're sitting in the car, how far is your butt off the seat reinforcement plate that the seats bolt to? Weird question I guess, but I need to know this if possible. Thank you!!

Name:  seat_height.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  167.3 KB

Country Flag: Canada
      What seats are you intending on using ??
      Are you building your own seat mounting frames ?
      Are you going to use the TMI one piece headliner ?

Lots of aftermarket seats work, but height issues are usually a problem with OEM seats from other manufacturers

Cheers
      Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

The seats I have right now are from a 2004 Mustang GT. I picked these up because TMI makes everything for them if needed, but they may just mount too high. I modified the OE mounts to fit my Camaro. I do plan on using the TMI 1-piece headliner or have the interior shop build there own once I'm ready.
      Thanks for the reply.

Thank you for the picture, it really helps in figuring it out.

Did you get the Mustang GT seat installed in your 69 ? I did the same in my 69..looks and feels comfortable

Scott

Yes I did. I had to modify the seat mounts and have been considering switching to a pair of Sparco seat brackets to lower them another inch or so. I know these seats sit lower (about 7" off floor), than stock, but I still feel like I'm a little high in the car. I'm also cutting 2" out of the back of the seat to lower the overall height. I am happy with the overall look and feel, and will have them fully reupholstered with a little more bolster added. Thanks

Did you cut off the OEM seat brackets? that's what I did and fabricated new brackets to fit my 69.. There is a thread under Interior, ( New Seats, what do you think?) by minendrews68.... he did the same thing with Mustang GT seats, and I followed his suggestions and my car came out great.. Take a look at the thread and it will save you a bunch of time

Scott

I checked out the thread and it looks like those seats are out of a 2014 where mine are from a 2004. I did cut off the Mustang brackets and welded my own mounts to fit my 69 Camaro. The factory Ford sliders are a vertical slide where I'm looking to swap them for a horizontal slide which would lower them a little more. I still feel like I sit a little high in the car,, although I'm already lower than a stock 69 seat would be. I appreciate your comments and information.
      - Carl

Is the drivers seat electric??? I have seats out of a 2005 Mustang GT and both seats are electric. I hooked up the power and have height as well as lumbar and lower seat adjustability..

Scott

Mine are just manual, no power. Sounds like you probably have a little nicer seat, definitely more adjustment.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com