Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

sparco bucket conversion into 69 chevelle bench seat car

so i have the sparco brackets and it all lines up nice, but my car is a bench car so i need to drill through the floor for the inner mounting bolts. for safety i need to add some metal for those inner mounting holes. AMD has the weld in brackets and they are cheap but since im already level, can i weld some good thick metal to the underside of the floor pans to add strength?

Country Flag: Canada
      The bracing and floor is the same from the factory in bench and bucket seats cars , the only difference being the factory mount welded on top of the floor inside the car
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      The bracing and floor is the same from the factory in bench and bucket seats cars , the only difference being the factory mount welded on top of the floor inside the car
      exactly but for safety i cant just drill through the floor, sink a bolt, and call it a day. so if i add more metal to the under side of the body, is that ok?

It is best to use the factory mounting holes as these were the locations that the seat belts were mounted and tested.
      Use seat belt anchor plates if you must relocate holes for mounting.
      Morris Classic Concepts, Billy
      Last edited by morrisclassic; 05-02-2017 at 04:40 PM. Reason: text

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com