Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

65 Chevelle headers

Hi everyone, I recently tired to put a set of Hedman sbc headers on my car and after a few days of trying, some grinding and so forth, I have decided to look for something that will fit better. I'm looking for any recommendations on headers that are coated for a budget, im looking at either long tube or tri y (650 is tops cheaper would be better, collage student), If you have any personal experience installing them on a 65 that would be great thanks in advanced.

I just installed a set of Dynatechs on a 71 El Camino and an Sbc. Quality is very nice and plenty of clearance but for me they hung to low. I had to cut them apart and cut out 1.5 inches to stuck them up closer to the floor for ground clearance
      Brandon

71 El Camino ZZ430/700r4,
      72 Buick Sun Coupe slowly working on LSx/6spd swap
      63 Nova husband and wife daily driver and autocross project

I had Stainless Works 1-3/4" SS headers on my 67, fit was great with plenty of room to get to the oil filter and starter. Good ground clearance as well. But they are a bit costly.
      2018 Cruze LT Hatchback
      2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
      1975 MGB Roadster
      2003 GSX750F Katana

Thanks for the input guys, I wish I had the money for stainless works but right now I cant bring my self to spend that kind of cash without having a set path for the car(power plant ls or gen 1 sbc), I ended up buying a set of patriot shorty headers from summit, a friend said they had good luck with them and a review on summit said they fit perfectly in their 1964 elco so fingers crossed. Hoping to get them installed over the weekend but will see what happens with Cool April Nights lol

Patriot and Sanderson both make excellent 3/4 length headers. My El Camino has a pair of no-name stainless 3/4 length headers on it and they fit great.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com