Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Nitto NT05 Opinions?

Well it's almost time for new skins on the old hot rod. I'm having to downsize the rears from the near extinct 335/35/17 to a more popular 315/35/17. Car is mainly street driven in all summer conditions, but I wouldn't say it won't stray to the track if the occasion would arise. I'm leaning towards an Nitto NT05 or the 555. Anyone have opinions on running these as a dedicated summer in rain? Or if you have another option let me know. Thanks.
      Colin
      1950 Pontiac 12.82@105
      1999 GTP

Country Flag: United States
      I have run both the 555 and the NT05 on my GS. They both do fine in the rain. The 555 is an ancient design that is mainly a street tire with decent traction and good tread wear. The NT05 is a newer design (although starting to get old) with less tread wear but better grip than the 555. I would go with the NT05 is you plan on going to the track even once.

Jeff Peoples

Thanks for the reply Jeff, its been a long time since I've had to do tires so the input is good. I might entertain the 555G2 also seeing as it is fairly new on the market. Somerhing about the look of the NT05 has me leaning that way. Thanks again.
      Colin
      1950 Pontiac 12.82@105
      1999 GTP

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com