Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by badolds View Post
      Kenny the painter has been busy on my car. So far he has sanded the car and replaced the door hinges. Good news is there is very little rust to repair. Hoping to get it back by springtime.

Dan
      Looking good Dan - Got a tough call on paint jail for mine coming up. Think I'll probably drive it as is for a while since it's been gone so long. We'll see.

-Joe
      Joe Lincoln
      Lime Green 71 Olds 442 Convertible

Upgrades thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ible&highlight=

Name:  part0 (1).jpg
Views: 792
Size:  122.2 KBName:  part0.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  114.8 KB

Kenny has been busy working on the paint job. This is high build white primer. Cant wait to ride around in my car again!!!

Dan

Name:  Bumper.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  80.2 KBName:  Bumper2.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  74.5 KBName:  Bumper4.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  108.4 KB

Kenny has sandblasted the bumpers. It turns out the rear bumper is an original 442 bumper that had the exhaust cut outs welded and filled in He is going to enlarge them slightly so the 3" exhaust tips look okay when they pass through. I need to decide on the color and it will be time to lay down some paint. I am going to experiment with body colored front and rear bumpers and blacked out grill. The front bumper's chrome was scratched in the hit and run so I figured we will paint it and see how it looks, if I don't care for it I can get a new chrome bumper later.

Getting closer

Dan

Dan,

Can't believe someone filled in the original cut outs. That's crazy! Looks like you're getting there slowly but surely!

-Joe
      Joe Lincoln

Slow but sure

Just have to do a final sand and its ready for paint. I have got my golf swing in good shape since I don't have a hot rod at the moment.

Dan

Name:  20180212_122416_1518487376312_001.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  101.9 KBName:  S.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  72.9 KBName:  N.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  82.9 KBName:  i0000010.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  190.1 KBName:  H.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  70.9 KBName:  A.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  157.9 KBName:  20180212_135224_1518487408931_001.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  217.9 KBName:  20180212_122432_1518487399044_001.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  264.7 KBName:  20180212_122424_1518487387176_001.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  103.9 KBName:  20180318_165723.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  102.3 KB

Country Flag: United States
      I don't think I know anyone the still has a set of those 845's or a 2 iron...lol . They were very popular, the Armours not the 2 iron
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I don't think I know anyone the still has a set of those 845's or a 2 iron...lol . They were very popular, the Armours not the 2 iron
      I took a long layoff from golf, over a decade. When I decided to start playing again I made a commitment to not buy new equipment for a year. My son broke the head off of my original Big Bertha warbird driver at top golf so I had to buy new woods. If I am still playing golf in 2019 I will get fit for some new irons.

I also have the 1 iron and a 0 iron called the "heater" I have a long iron fetish lol.

Dan

I took a long layoff from golf, over a decade. When I decided to start playing again I made a commitment to not buy new equipment for a year. My son broke the head off of my original Big Bertha warbird driver at top golf so I had to buy new woods. If I am still playing golf in 2019 I will get fit for some new irons.

I also have the 1 iron and a 0 iron called the "heater" I have a long iron fetish lol.

Dan
      I definitely understand that, it could be money wasted. The longest Iron I carry now is a 4. I have an aunt that still talks about her car getting stolen years ago with her 845's in there...lol
      I play Mizuno MP-30's that I can't seem to let go of even with all the new stuff out there. I will say getting fitted for my driver was the best thing I ever did. I was playing too much loft, at 10 degrees. I ended up with a Cobra 8.5... Who knew?.. lol
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I definitely understand that, it could be money wasted. The longest Iron I carry now is a 4. I have an aunt that still talks about her car getting stolen years ago with her 845's in there...lol
      I play Mizuno MP-30's that I can't seem to let go of even with all the new stuff out there. I will say getting fitted for my driver was the best thing I ever did. I was playing too much loft, at 10 degrees. I ended up with a Cobra 8.5... Who knew?.. lol
      I am a member on The Hackers Paradise, check it out if you have not already.

Dan

had my trunk designed around my golf bag! You can actually fit 2 bags + shoes etc. You can see the amp to the left. battery is on the right and subs are hidden in the middle:

factory trunk button in glove box works now and had "shocks" added so the trunk opens nice and slow when it's popped open. Still need to hook up the trunk button to work on my key fab.

Golf and 442s - nice combo!! Love driving my car to the golf course - get to enjoy both my obsessions at the same time

Also golf really helps when the car is off getting projects done. The longer it takes the more my game improves.
      Joe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by 71OLDS View Post
      had my trunk designed around my golf bag! You can actually fit 2 bags + shoes etc. You can see the amp to the left. battery is on the right and subs are hidden in the middle:

factory trunk button in glove box works now and had "shocks" added so the trunk opens nice and slow when it's popped open. Still need to hook up the trunk button to work on my key fab.

Golf and 442s - nice combo!! Love driving my car to the golf course - get to enjoy both my obsessions at the same time

Also golf really helps when the car is off getting projects done. The longer it takes the more my game improves.
      Mine will not fit in the trunk with the fuel cell so probably lay them in the back seat. I might strap them in front so they can ride shotgun lol. Check this out, I won a complete set of irons from Ben Hogan and The Hackers Paradise. I get to pick any model with any shaft and they will adjust loft, lie etc. I am picking them up in Orlando in June at Mission inn resort home of El Campeon golf course. I am just geeeeeeked about this. Check out The Hackers Paradise website, I am badolds over there as well.

Dan

Very cool - congrats Dan. Enjoy the new sticks!!
      Joe Lincoln

Name:  20180611_172010[1].jpg
Views: 486
Size:  129.2 KB

Talked to my painter yesterday, the Texas heat has slowed him down. He also does vintage dirt bike trials racing "cool mf'r" Should be ready by August or so. I did get my awesome free golf clubs and took a great vacation in Florida.

Nice looking clubs Dan - sounds like an August ETA for both of us.

-Joe
      Joe Lincoln

Still in paint jail but at least the parole officer is calling LOL. I have some pictures to post with red paint.

Show us some pics Dan!

My August return data is now either Sept/Oct. Oh well - hopefully will have some nice upgrades when I get it back.

-Joe
      Joe Lincoln

Finally some red paint

Name:  i0000010 (1).jpg
Views: 386
Size:  77.7 KB

Name:  i0000010.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  266.4 KB

After 10 months the red paint has returned to my baby. Should be back in my possession late this month and back on the road for the nice fall weather.

Very nice! Great to see the color on there. Getting close!

-Joe
      Joe Lincoln

It turns out the rear bumper is an original 442 bumper that had the exhaust cut outs welded and filled in
      Unbelievable. Well almost. I once saw a body man fill in the vents on perfectly good 2nd gen T/A fenders. smh
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

More red paint

Name:  20180811_200251_1534036026867_001.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  321.5 KB

Name:  i0000010 (2).jpg
Views: 339
Size:  232.0 KB

Name:  Kkk.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  280.3 KB

Kenny has been color sanding and polishing. Great to see it coming together.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com