Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

SBC whipple v procharger

New to the s/c game and maybe its just me but options for boosting your sbc seem to be limited.

Dart SHP block fully forged eagle rotating assembly 10:1 compression 427ci.

Only options I see are D1 Procharger or Whipple w305r...I like procharger but man the tubing needed makes engine compartment look ugly!

Are there any other options out there?

Street driving, going into a 66 nova. DSE front clip and rear suspension.

I thought Vortech had something as well. Personally I have seen way to many issues with Procharger for one to be very high on my list of options.

what would you go with besides vortech and procharger?

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      I thought Vortech had something as well. Personally I have seen way to many issues with Procharger for one to be very high on my list of options.

Country Flag: United States
      You could look at these guys: http://www.rotrex.com/Home

One of my engineers built a kit for his new Civic based around it.

Last time I looked into them the Rotrex was pretty limited in power potential.

Vortech and Paxton are the same now so if you take them and Procharger out that leaves Whipple and KB as the major remaining players. I really like Eaton TVS setups but I don't know if anyone has a setup for a SBC. I would choose Whipple over KB.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      Last time I looked into them the Rotrex was pretty limited in power potential.

Vortech and Paxton are the same now so if you take them and Procharger out that leaves Whipple and KB as the major remaining players. I really like Eaton TVS setups but I don't know if anyone has a setup for a SBC. I would choose Whipple over KB.
      I used to run a P600B on a SBC with a blow through setup at about 10-12 psi and I had tons of issues keeping the belt from walking off the pulley (brackets would flex with load). I prefer positive displacement supercharging as I didn't make full boost until 3000-3500 rpm and didn't leave the line with more than 1-2 psi. A direct drive setup off the crank would eliminate belt slippage and other issues.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com