Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 86 monte carlo

Country Flag: UK

86 monte carlo

Someone near me has a tricked up monte carlo for sale (406,alloy heads etc) in the uk they are not really sought after but wife says I can have it if below market value.. how much do they average in the states.. dont think its an SS.......

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by farl cogetty View Post
      Someone near me has a tricked up monte carlo for sale (406,alloy heads etc) in the uk they are not really sought after but wife says I can have it if below market value.. how much do they average in the states.. dont think its an SS.......
      A really nice, stock, non SS car can be had for under $5K. Maybe even less...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Tough call on the market price for a nice Monte in London..... that is a rare ride over there.

Over here, I am with Andrewb70 on price, as I have seen a few cream puff examples for $5k or less for non SS cars.

I would check with an importer for a value over there of a nice stock car, and then add a few thousand dollars for the built engine and other various parts that may already be installed. If it is a well-built car with an expensive engine, that should add some to the value to be fair. I know good aftermarket parts for any American car tend to be very expensive by the time you get them shipped in.

I would find out more about what the engine is/has inside, brand and model of cylinder heads, cam design and size, rotating assembly, etc.

Ask for a leak-down test and compression test by a third-party mechanic.

Find out what transmission (is it properly built)and converter is installed and what rear differential it has(maybe an 8.5inch 10 bolt from a Buick Grand National or a Hurst Olds Cutlass Gbody)? If it is stock, the little 7.5inch rear differential won't be around long after some decent sticky street or drag tires are installed and that engine is pushing 400hp plus!

These are all things that could cost you money if not done properly. GM stuff is cheap to fix and plentiful..... in the USA, but not in the UK I bet.

Good luck!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com