Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nick's 1970 Chevelle project

Been a while since I have been active on the forums so here we go with some updates and current pics and video....

This Chevelle is nothing perfect, rough in areas but I am making progress little by little getting her where I will be happy. Just takes time and money, right lol.

Some of the upgrades I have done:

~WHEELS & TIRES~
      Rushforth Wheels Rated X Black centers / Brushed barrels
      19x8 5"bs Nitto NT-555 245/35r19
      20x10 4.5"bs Nitto NT-555r 305/35r20

~BRAKES~
      Wilwood Disc Brakes 14" drill/slot/zinc black calipers.

~ENGINE~
      Stroked 383
      Alum heads
      Carburated :(

~MISC~
      Anvil Auto, Inc. Carbon Fiber hood & deck lid plus front spoiler.
      Vintage Air, Inc. system, still need to install the compressor.
      Metrom billet cluster, Auto Meter Products, Inc. Sport Comp 2 gauges.
      Corbeau Seats USA front seats
      FESLER BUILT hood & deck lid hinges, hood latch, tail lights.

--------------------------------------------------

Here is the before (TOP - How I bought it) and after I made the first cosmetic changes:

The hood is an Anvil Auto carbon-fiber as well as the truck lid. Bumpers powder coated satin black plus all the moldings have been painted satin black:

Few pictures from a recent trip my wife and I took up and around Lake Isabella & Kernville:

Great little place to eat in Kernville called Eurings:

A few miles past Kernville we found this cool little general story:

'70 SBC 383 Stroker - Rushforth Rated X wheels - 14" Wilwood - Anvil Carbon Fiber hood/deck lid - Fesler billet - Corbeau Sport Seats, and still building....

Youtube & Instagram - @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory

Country Flag: United States
      Nice looking transformation and cool photos!

Country Flag: Canada
      Drooooolllll
      1971 chevelle LSA 700hp -

Thing looks bitchin thanks for sharing pics

Bad ass Chevelle I follow you on IG my son and I love checking out your little man and the rides you guys take on the motos we are fairly new to the sport as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gotyorgoat View Post
      Nice looking transformation and cool photos!
      Quote Originally Posted by 1sikride View Post
      Drooooolllll
      Quote Originally Posted by Jk918 View Post
      Thing looks bitchin thanks for sharing pics
      Thank you!
      '70 SBC 383 Stroker - Rushforth Rated X wheels - 14" Wilwood - Anvil Carbon Fiber hood/deck lid - Fesler billet - Corbeau Sport Seats, and still building....

Quote Originally Posted by ClosNova805 View Post
      Bad ass Chevelle I follow you on IG my son and I love checking out your little man and the rides you guys take on the motos we are fairly new to the sport as well.
      Oh yeah, what is your son riding, how old? The moto adventures pulled me away from the Chevelle for the past couple years but things are to the point where I want to enjoy the Chevelle more. We will see how that goes hahaha. I got into dual sport riding and man those trips are awsome, I just rode from Lake Isabella to Laughlin... had a blast till my KTM broke down 30miles in on the way home. What do you ride?

My son just turn 9 he rides a 06 crf70 and I ride a 01 yz426 looking into getting a dual sport plated bike myself ya I agree same here I've been spending more time on the bikes with my son and put my 69 nova on the back burner need to get it going soon.

Great job so far on the Chevelle. I love carbon fiber and wish they made a hood for my Cutlass.
      1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

http://fivelugs.com

Quote Originally Posted by ClosNova805 View Post
      My son just turn 9 he rides a 06 crf70 and I ride a 01 yz426 looking into getting a dual sport plated bike myself ya I agree same here I've been spending more time on the bikes with my son and put my 69 nova on the back burner need to get it going soon.
      Nice, my son turns 9 in a few months. What's your IG? If you are on Facebook take a look at the group called "SoCal Dual Sport Riders", that is a great group to ask a question and or see what's going on for DS rides.

Quote Originally Posted by deejai35 View Post
      Great job so far on the Chevelle. I love carbon fiber and wish they made a hood for my Cutlass.
      Thanks, man! Yeah, Anvil has some cool parts but still not a lot to select from for vehicles, that's a hard one for manufacturing something so pricey and sitting on inventory that doesn't move as fast.

Here is a video I made in my garage to show off the new suspension I am installing by Speedtech to convert the front from a factory coil to a coil-over.

I have been working on my video producing so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them up. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Looks great Nick!
      I visited their shop last year.............awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 1965_SS View Post
      Looks great Nick!
      I visited their shop last year.............awesome!

What's up Todd! Hows things... send me some pics of what you have been doing with your Chevelle. I may be back up to the bay for GG in June.

Are you from Nor-Cal? One of the photos totally reminds me of the vineyards they have in Livermore.

Dope car.

Update on my front end suspension swap, I pulled the front end apart and found this happening. Any suggestions on why this would happen or see it before?

Quote Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
      Did you narrow your rear end?
      The axle housing was cut to spec from the measurements I gave after measuring with the wheel and tire under the car. I can not remember how much different it was from stock and if I remember correctly the Chevelles did have maybe 2 different housing specs pending the axle and brake combo. I believe it may be about 5/8" shorter on each side, I would have to pull my build specs.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_skywalker View Post
      Are you from Nor-Cal? One of the photos totally reminds me of the vineyards they have in Livermore.

Dope car.

I am originally from San Leandro, lived in Livermore for about 13 years but have since to central Ca. The photo with the vineyard and houses behind the car is right off Vasco down the road from the lab.

Originally from Livermore now in San Diego. Love your vision with the looks of your Chevelle. Very unique. I have a 71 as well as a 72 Elke. Love those A bodies.

that stance is on point

Quote Originally Posted by mckemy442 View Post
      Originally from Livermore now in San Diego. Love your vision with the looks of your Chevelle. Very unique. I have a 71 as well as a 72 Elke. Love those A bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by focused313 View Post
      that stance is on point
      Thank you for the compliments guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com