Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

3" tailpipes for 1st gen F-body with G-bar?

This mod has been out for a while. Surely someone has to offer tailpipes? What's out there? Anyone done this? Pics?
      Thanks

Camaro Convertible Build Pics - http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq198/rob07002/

www.musclerides.com

Rob Stevens

Country Flag: United States
      I run 3" under the axle with ridetech 4 link. Neat, easy & clean. If you install V band clamps at the muffler/tailpipe joint, it allows for easy removal if needed.

dynatech muscle max by far has the best fitting system. You will still have to reclock the tail pipes once but alot better than building from scratch. i used the V band clamps on the transition going up over the axles.

Z06vet, do you have a pic of your 1st gen exhaust? I have a 69 Camaro with a ridetech 4 link and will be installing exhaust soon.
      Nathan

1969 Chevrolet Camaro - lt4camaro.com - Instagram: @lt4camaro - Pro-Touring.com Build Thread

Here's a shot of 3" on my 67 with ridetech 4 link

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      dynatech muscle max by far has the best fitting system. You will still have to reclock the tail pipes once but alot better than building from scratch. i used the V band clamps on the transition going up over the axles.
      Icemanrd19, do you have any pictures? I would like to see that system installed also. Cheers, Brew
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

I used 67 Chevelle over-axle pipes from Flowmaster. Stock tank with a G-Bar in 68 Camaro.

Jim
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

I think that going over the top of a G-bar with 3" pipes is going to be rough. I had 2 1/2" over a G-Link and it was still too much. East Bay Muscle Cars fabricated an oval exhaust for over the top that they then had ceramic coated. Took quite a few hours and the picture doesn't really do it justice but it is something to consider. I just don't like going under the axle, but that's me.

Name:  007a.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  163.5 KB
      Steve

I used these to go over my G-Bar.
      https://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...model/chevelle

1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com