Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      What an awesome presentation this past Saturday at ridetech. What he packs into 1 day of training is amazing. I still say Ron is not charging enough for these workshops, he is giving this information away!

I’ve attended Ron’s workshops for the past three years and I have always been impressed by the level of knowledge and ability to translate complex suspension tuning concepts to non-engineer and engineers alike. After years of reading about suspension geometry tuning, roll centers, slip angles, roll coupling, etc. I never fully understood those concepts, and how they work together, until I sat in Ron’s class and watched him visually demonstrate how everything ties together. Between his fishing bobs and string, the scale mustang or the Ford Fusion laser cut roll center/center of gravity plate, everything makes perfect sense!

Although his programs are geared towards the pro-touring group, I believe that a great deal of his presentation will work to understand suspension tuning in any car or any layout.

Finally, if for any reason his explanations are not clear, he is more than happy to clarify any questions during breaks and ensures that you fully understand.

Thanks, Ron for the great work! I look forward to attending the rest of your courses!

Alex S.

I went to my first of Ron's workshops at ridetech last month and it was very informative. Next time I'm at a track day or autox, I can refer to my notes and hopefully improve my driving and set up of the car.

Thanks Ron!
      Last edited by Yelcamino; 05-05-2017 at 03:22 PM.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Country Flag: Australia
      I was fortunate enough to make it over to Ron's workshop in Vegas during Sema last year. It was amazing! The way he presents the information, not just his vocal descriptions but how its done with the use of many visual aids, some of those being inanimate objects and other times he himself becoming the aid, all tie it together so well that literally anybody with almost any level of car knowledge can understand the concepts that many other source materials (books etc) flat out fail to explain adequately unless you are an engineer.

After learning so much during that workshop I decided I should attend the rest. So I made the long trip from Australia to ridetech in Jasper, Indiana for the first workshop of the year. It did not disappoint. It was every bit as good as the last one and for all the exact same reasons. The only difference was the topic change, though he does touch on a lot of points from the other workshops when needed so you can follow along. I found this helped a lot as it refreshed a few things which had slipped my mind and how it tied into the tuning side of things.

I would say that this current workshop is probably the best one so far. Where the others focused on understanding the concepts of suspension and steering geometry and then how to design/build your car on paper/computer so you have an adjustable, balanced race car with optimum steering/suspension geometry that is in the ballpark, this workshop teaches you how best to diagnose handling faults at the track and then which part to tune on to help remedy that fault all with the goal of making the car easier to drive and ultimately faster/quicker.

What I have outlined is a heavily abbreviated description of whats actually in the workshop, is it far more in depth and covers way more then you would expect! I left with a brain ready to explode from soaking up so much knowledge. It is quite literally impossible to describe just how much insight you get into this stuff with a short forum post.

My best advice is that if you like to learn/self improve and ultimately go faster then this workshop is a MUST!

Hey Pro-Touring.com friends ...
      The Columbus, Ohio Workshop is Coming Soon !

The 7 SECRETS OF ADVANCED SETUPS & DETAILED TRACK TUNING
      Thursday, July 6th Before the Largest GoodGuys Event of the Year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendees from the first one in April are saying it is the Best Workshop I've Ever Done!

Why? Because I get into EXACTLY what to tune for each handling condition ... and Why ... as well as what NOT to tune for each handling condition. Folks leave this Workshop crystal clear on what to tune, when & why ... and what not to.

Don't Miss this Workshop!
      Get your Tickets NOW!

Tickets: Go HERE.

I am currently working with Ron on my 1999 Camaro Z28 and the wealth of information that Ron brings to the table is amazing. Like most people, I am always looking for a way to improve my car and myself to get the most performance that I can. I decided to attend the RSRT workshop last year during the Las Vegas SEMA show and enjoyed every minute of the seminar. I am always trying to learn more about suspension and many times when reading books on this subject leaves me lost with using complex engineering terms. In Ron's workshop, he uses easy to understand terminology and simplifies the most complex concepts that car enthusiasts can digest at any level of experience.

If you are looking to improve the way your car handles and take it to another level, attend one of Ron's workshops, trust me you will not regret it!

Cheers,
      JJ

Looking forward to this, especially now that I have which workshop locked down. Confirmed that I will be going to SEMA under my new job... so I'll be at the Vegas workshop, I'll need to see about getting my seat reserved.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by jjmj427 View Post
      I am currently working with Ron on my 1999 Camaro Z28 and the wealth of information that Ron brings to the table is amazing. Like most people, I am always looking for a way to improve my car and myself to get the most performance that I can. I decided to attend the RSRT workshop last year during the Las Vegas SEMA show and enjoyed every minute of the seminar. I am always trying to learn more about suspension and many times when reading books on this subject leaves me lost with using complex engineering terms. In Ron's workshop, he uses easy to understand terminology and simplifies the most complex concepts that car enthusiasts can digest at any level of experience.

If you are looking to improve the way your car handles and take it to another level, attend one of Ron's workshops, trust me you will not regret it!

Cheers,
      JJ

Get that suspension measured up JJ! LOL

See you in Columbus.

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellshotrodsAZ View Post
      Looking forward to this, especially now that I have which workshop locked down. Confirmed that I will be going to SEMA under my new job... so I'll be at the Vegas workshop, I'll need to see about getting my seat reserved.
      Call Brian to make sure your seat is reserved Josh.
      844-722-3832 Ext 1

See you in Vegas !

The Columbus, Ohio Workshop is Coming Up!

Read the Brochure Below for Full Details

Name:  2017 RSRT Workshop wbleeds page1.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  201.3 KB
      Name:  2017 RSRT Workshop wbleeds page2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  218.6 KB
      Name:  2017 RSRT workshop wbleeds page3.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  230.2 KB
      Name:  2017 RSRT workshop wbleeds page4.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  210.6 KB

Get your Tickets NOW!

Tickets: Go HERE.

Name:  Workshop Collage 3 - 1000 Pix.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  776.2 KB

Join Your Pro-Touring Friends in Columbus, Ohio - 2 Weeks Away !

7 Secrets of ADVANCED Suspension Setups & Detailed Track Tuning WORKSHOP in Columbus, Ohio Thursday, July 6th

Attendees are calling this Ron Sutton's "Best Workshop Yet!"
      Don't Miss this Suspension Tuning Knowledge! Get your Tickets HERE!

I get a lot of out of Ron's classes this is the third year that I will be attending. For the money you can't beat it, considering the amount that you have invested in your car. It is important to invest in your knowledge base as well. Ron explains things in a very understandable way, he is able to talk on my level and helps me understand how and why my car does the things that does,and how to make improvements myself. I am relatively new to the autocross and roadracing world, what Ron has taught me has knocked seconds off my times and I have documentation to prove it. I look forward to attending his classes every year so that I may shave more time off every lap. I now understanding the shocks, hows and whys, sway bar hows and whys and understand turn in, acceleration with weight transfer. I recommend Rons classes to anybody wanting to improve their knowledge base and make faster lap times.
      See you all down the road,
      Buddy Buchanan

Why Are Car Guys Calling This "The Best Ron Sutton Suspension Workshop So Far" ?

The 7 SECRETS OF ADVANCED SETUPS & DETAILED TRACK TUNING
      Thursday, July 6th Before the Largest GoodGuys Event of the Year

Ron Teaches EXACTLY What to Tune & When:

• When to Tune Shocks & Nothing Else
      • When to Adjust the Sway Bar Links Instead of Spring Rates
      • When to Change Spring Rates … and How to Make Sure You Don’t Need To !

Track Day Tuning Simplified !

• Learn Ron’s Simple Track Tuning Strategy to Tune Up to 7 Key Areas of Your Car’s Handling … with Minimal Hand Tools
      • Simple Shock Tuning – Only 4 Tips to Master
      • Two Quick & Easy Changes to Go from Optimum Autocross Setup to Optimum Road Course Setup at Events

Racing on a Budget:

• Learn How to Outsmart the Competition … Not Outspend Them!
      • How to be Just as Fast as the Front Runners with Single Adjustable Shocks Costing UNDER $400
      • Where to Spend Money & Where to Save Money
      • No Trailer? See How Little Tools You Really Need to be Fast

Keeping up with Track Changes:

• See How an Infrared Temp Gun Can Guide Your Tuning
      • Gain Insider Pro Tips to Keep You from Chasing Your Tail
      • Master Track Tuning for Good Weather, Bad Weather & Weather Changes

Advanced Suspension Strategies the Pros Don’t Want You to Know:
      • How Decoupled 3-Links Add More Grip Than Any Other Rear Suspension
      • How Bump Stops Provide Consistent … and Increased … Grip on Corner Entry
      • Tips & Tricks to Reading Tires to Know What Your Car Needs
      • When to Tune Your Suspension versus Your Aero Aids
      • Optimizing Handling on Tracks with More Left or Right Hand Turns

100% No-Nonsense Money-Back Guarantee:

• If You’re Not Happy With What You Learned … for Any Reason … we’ll refund your Ticket Price 100% … on the Spot.
      • Wait a Year! … or Wait Up to a Year … and Test what Ron Teaches … and You’re not Thrilled with What You Learned, We Will Refund Your Ticket Price 100% … Up to 1 Year Later!

Don't Miss this Workshop! Get your Tickets NOW! Tickets: Go HERE.

Name:  2017 Workshop Tour Photo Collage.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  152.2 KB

Now that I have a few events behind me since the Ron Sutton class in April at ridetech, I can say that I'm definitely faster and better understand the shock settings needed to make the car better.

Ron's easy to understand approach is just what I needed to know what to do considering I'm not a engineer and still fairly new to these events. I've gone every year and it's great how they build upon each other, but also easy to follow for those that missed a year.

Whether a newbie or experienced, both will enjoy the discussion on concepts and suspension setups so everyone can apply what they learned to make their car faster.

Don't miss out, sign up now!!!
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

Columbus Ohio Suspension Workshop - 3 Tickets Available

Get your Tickets HERE!

Name:  Ohio 2017 - 3 Seats Left.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  326.0 KB

Ron,

Do you ever do any workshops local to Sacramento? I live in Roseville so I'm near you. It's just hard to get out of the state due to work and the family.

Thanks
      Josh

Quote Originally Posted by maro2nv View Post
      Ron,

Do you ever do any workshops local to Sacramento? I live in Roseville so I'm near you. It's just hard to get out of the state due to work and the family.

Thanks
      Josh

Hi Neighbor !

Josh ... you would think I'd do these in my own backyard, but alas, we do not. I have done a lot of workshops in Sacramento, when I was in oval track racing. None for ProTouring/AutoX/Road Course. Frankly I love doing them but don't want to do a zillion each year. So Bret Voelkel (ridetech Pres) & I picked 5 areas of the country to do them that we knew would draw well. For the West Coast, we do the final workshop of the year in Las Vegas, on Wednesday of SEMA week. It's always our biggest one.

When optima held an event at Thunderhill, and it drew well, we thought we might add one the day before that event. But it turned out to be a one year only event. So no plans for a California workshop yet.

--------------------------------------------

On a different note, I hear the funniest things from guys & gals that have good intentions to attend, but haven't as of yet. They say, "You know, I need to catch your workshop one of these years." I always say we'd love to have you.

But, I think they think the workshops are the same topic. The reality is each year the content of the workshop is different. 2015 was about suspension fundamentals & how cars really work. 2016 was about mapping out your suspension geometry, optimizing it & creating a mean setup out of the box. 2017's topic is about specifically what to tune, how & when for every possible handling issue on track. My last two years of this 5-year tour (2018 & 2019) will be about different topics as well.

I definitely understand the travel, cost, time & family concerns. We all have them. But if you're hungry to step up your knowledge of how to make your car ... or any car ... handle better, get quicker & have better results ... you may want to finagle a way to attend the next ones that are near you in Las Vegas the next three years. I don't have any plans of doing them after this tour.

Best wishes !

Last edited by Ron Sutton; 07-01-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Texas & Charlotte Workshops Up Next!

Jasper, IN @ April 22nd - Sold Out
      Columbus, OH @ July 6th - Sold Out
      Ft Worth, TX @ Sept 28th
      Charlotte, NC @ Oct 19th
      Las Vegas, NV @ Nov 1st

Get your tickets here: HERE

Check out this fun & informational video of an interview with Bret Voelkel of ridetech & me.

1 Ticket Left for Texas Workshop

We moved the location of the Texas Workshop to "The Speedway Club" at the Texas Motor Speedway. This allowed us to increase the size of the table layout & available chairs.

We're almost sold out. 1 Ticket left.
      You can join all your buddies & learn a lot too. This Thursday, Sept 28th (8am to 5:30pm) the day before the Good Guys event starts.

Get your ticket HERE.

If you are in Vegas for SEMA or are in the process or have a car you are driving and want to make it better or understand how suspensions work be sure to check out Ron's seminar. I have gone for the last few years and each year there is a different topic and something new to learn. You will end up with more information than you will ever need but end up with a greater understanding of how it all works together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com