Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

5.7 hemi with MDS, can you by-pass it?

I can get my hands on a 5.7 hemi core engine but it has MDS. My understandings is if those solenoids are not hooked up then it only runs on 4 cyl.? Is there a kit available to remove them out of the block or what would I need to do? Thanks?

if you have a sct vcal tunner you can disable it it is a trs2431 code and it will disable the mds. and you will not have a engine light come on if u do it correctly. sct.com will walk you through the steps, hope that helps

When no power is applied, solenoids disconnected, the lifter pin stays engaged and they function as a convention lifter. So short answer, don't want MDS, don't hook up the solenoids. If you want to remove the system, you would replace the MDS lifters with the non-MDS lifters and remove the solenoids and replace with the plugs (from 2003-05 truck engine or 6.1 SRT engine), but not necessary, just leave the solenoid unplugged!

Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com