Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Fuel Sending Unit for Early SBC

Does anyone make a "in tank" fuel pump for a carbureted engine? I have mounted my Holley electric fuel pump everywhere, even with rubber between the pump and sheet metal and it's still really loud inside the car.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Fuel Sending Unit for Early SBC

Not sure about low pressure,but we have done standard efi in tank pumps but need to run a bypass regulator to make it work.
      I'm sure you could use an early TBI pump from a 3rd gen and make it work..?
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

We have done as Dale says several times. TBI pump in a Tanks tank with an aeromotive bypass regulator with return line back to the tank. Quiet and reliable.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thanks guys, One person I talked to said the LS type are too long and require them to be shimmed up at the top. They bottom out on the bottom of the thank. I have a Holley bypass regulator.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com