Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

What's a good price?

I have the original seats from my '68 Camaro, they have been recovered (I'm figuring a long time ago) in a black suede looking material. No tears or rips, just not original. I've also got a factory console. I am looking to sell them, does anyone have an idea of what a fair price would be? Seats are complete with sliders etc.

Thanks

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

The ones i see here in Denver on Craigslist typically go for $500 for the front buckets. I plan to sell mine for about that once i decide what seats i am changing to.

hope this helps,

Just a thought, look at the Mustang GT seats. Mine turned out really well. There's a thread here that shows them, (just a thought)

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

They go for around $250 a pair on Craigslist here. I've got three or four pair out in my storage building.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Just a thought, look at the Mustang GT seats. Mine turned out really well. There's a thread here that shows them, (just a thought)
      Read thru your thread the other day, the seats seem to fit really well and look great, definitely on the list..

Quote Originally Posted by 32deucecoupe View Post
      Read thru your thread the other day, the seats seem to fit really well and look great, definitely on the list..
      Thanks, I'm currently working on a fiberglass panel (that fills the space between the rear seat bottom and the side panels) The one's I have now are kind of a mock up made of high density foam and plywood, covered with a black vinyl that matches the seat material. I've had a few people ask what it took to put the seats in the Camaro. I am going to have to do a thread with pics on the rear seats install as well.

Carl Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      They go for around $250 a pair on Craigslist here. I've got three or four pair out in my storage building.

Don
      Don,
      I've got the buckets and the rear seat. I have a guy on the other side of the state that wants to buy just the back seat. Would you split and sell just the rear seats or keep them as a set? I have no idea what just the rear seats would sell for.

Carl Wilson

Don,
      I've got the buckets and the rear seat. I have a guy on the other side of the state that wants to buy just the back seat. Would you split and sell just the rear seats or keep them as a set? I have no idea what just the rear seats would sell for.
      Hi Carl. I am hanging onto the rear seats. They are a bit harder to come by.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Hey Don, don't know if I made my self clear as mud or not but I'm thinking of selling my original seats and was wondering, if the guy wants just the rear seats would you sell them, or hold on to them in case someone wanted the full set. He doesn't want to buy the buckets. It looked like you might of thought I wanted to buy instead of sell. Then, what would be a good price to sell just the rears, if that was a good idea or not.
      Thanks,
      Carl

Carl Wilson

Hey Don, don't know if I made my self clear as mud or not but I'm thinking of selling my original seats and was wondering, if the guy wants just the rear seats would you sell them, or hold on to them in case someone wanted the full set. He doesn't want to buy the buckets. It looked like you might of thought I wanted to buy instead of sell. Then, what would be a good price to sell just the rears, if that was a good idea or not.
      Thanks,
      Carl
      Hi Carl. Yes I completely misunderstood. Old age will do that to ya... :>)

Rear seats seem to sell for $400-600 depending on condition. You will find several on eBay.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

[QUOTE=dhutton;1223586]Hi Carl. Yes I completely misunderstood. Old age will do that to ya... :>)

Rear seats seem to sell for $400-600 depending on condition. You will find several on eBay.

Don[/QUOTE

That's ok, when you get my age I completely understand!

Carl Wilson

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com