Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      This thing is coming along nicely!
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Beautiful job! I love what your doing here. That dash is going to be nice in there.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Looking good! Because we're in the same state, I expect to see the finished product sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Looking good! Because we're in the same state, I expect to see the finished product sometime.
      Sounds good! I hope its sooner rather then later. My 70 Cuda restomod is 9 years in the making and is on the back burner

Haven't done much in the last couple months but I did move my fenders and hood over to Matt's shop for fitment.

It didn't realize it would feel so good to just hang doors and fenders on it. It looked so much more complete!

Since I eliminated the torsion bars, I have a lot more options for exhaust. I decided to go with the factory stainless headers that came on the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. The SRT headers are really durable pieces that also flow very well; they flow as well as any aftermarket shorty header. SRT headers can easily run to 550hp. Only above that level would longtube headers make a difference. I couldn't use the factory headers from the Charger/Challenger/etc because they basically point at the firewall in a B body Mopar. The Jeep manifolds point down at a better angle but they will still need some modification on the passenger side.

The driver's side manifold bumped into the alterktion motor mount so the easiest thing is to modify the motor mount.

The straight piece was removed in favor of a curved pipe. this if the view looking toward the firewall (rearward)

This view is looking forward

I will have tons of room between the frame rails and manifolds. The manifolds will also be easy to remove if need be. I plan to drive this car a lot...

That is a very slick mod to the motor mount. Nice work.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Nice work! As I was reading through the thread I noticed you're from Newton, and I was just in your neck of the woods on Monday. I hope to see this on the road soon. I've got my 79 Camaro going (not with nearly the amount of work you're doing) and WFO guy is pretty much done with his truck, so we can have a rural Kansas cruise soon.

Chris

The passenger side crashed hard against the area on the bell housing where the starter mounts. The manifold wasn't even close to seating/mounting.

Matt sliced the passenger manifold, heated it up, and bent the collector end outward a few degrees. Then he welded it back up. Sorry-the pictures aren't very good but the silver area in the next two pictures is where the slice was made.

Ok, Gotta comment on the 2 post lift! The things of my childhood.

Great project. Excellent execution of ideas.
      The rule is measure twice and cut once. My problem is I still measure with a mic and cut with an axe!

Quote Originally Posted by Protour_Pinto View Post
      Ok, Gotta comment on the 2 post lift! The things of my childhood.

Great project. Excellent execution of ideas.
      I thought the same thing about the lifts lol Nice fix on the motor mount for clearance.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Brake kits are too expensive and since I have parted out SRT8's, I figured I should use what I have. Matt had a bracket machined (and ordered 4 sets for future builds). Now i've got 4 piston Brembo calipers with Dodge rotors (for easy replacement). The other benefit is that my master cylinder and brake pedal are from an SRT Challenger so its a perfect pairing.

Nice brake upgrade! Should stop much quicker now.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

The differential is going to be a limited slip Getrag unit that I pulled from a 2010 Challenger SRT8 I parted out. The Challengers with the 6 speed manual transmission received a 3.91 ratio vs the 3.06 that came with the automatic. My 2010 Challenger daily driver has the exact same 6.1L, 6 speed, and Getrag 3.91. With the .50 overdrive ratio, I am turning 2,000 RPM at 85mph. Should be fun off the line and still comfortable on the highway. The differential just got installed so that exhaust could be routed.

View from the right side...

View from behind:

The OEM SRT wheels just didn't look right so I finally decided on a wheel.....now that I know the 20x9 will fit over the Brembo calipers, I can order up the other 3 wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by 70B5Cuda View Post
      The differential is going to be a limited slip Getrag unit that I pulled from a 2010 Challenger SRT8 I parted out. The Challengers with the 6 speed manual transmission received a 3.91 ratio vs the 3.06 that came with the automatic. My 2010 Challenger daily driver has the exact same 6.1L, 6 speed, and Getrag 3.91. With the .50 overdrive ratio, I am turning 2,000 RPM at 85mph. Should be fun off the line and still comfortable on the highway. The differential just got installed so that exhaust could be routed.
      That's a pretty low cruising rpm, you may find a bit of resonance downspeeding that much in an old chassis. I run a 0.63 6th with 3.91 in my Hemi 'Cuda and it's touch a touch too high rpm in 6th. I opted out of the 0.5, it's just too low for me. Good luck, nice build!

1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      That's a pretty low cruising rpm, you may find a bit of resonance downspeeding that much in an old chassis. I run a 0.63 6th with 3.91 in my Hemi 'Cuda and it's touch a touch too high rpm in 6th. I opted out of the 0.5, it's just too low for me. Good luck, nice build!
      I've been thinking about that but I have the same setup in my 2010 Challenger so it can't be too different right???

Quote Originally Posted by 70B5Cuda View Post
      I've been thinking about that but I have the same setup in my 2010 Challenger so it can't be too different right???
      Couldn't be further apart other than they both have long hoods and two doors. The LX platform is going to be designed around it's applicable drivetrains for resonant frequencies and modal responses. Good luck.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      Couldn't be further apart other than they both have long hoods and two doors. The LX platform is going to be designed around it's applicable drivetrains for resonant frequencies and modal responses. Good luck.
      Yeah-I was joking. Between the body stiffening, sound deadening, and exhaust, I think I can make it manageable

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com