Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Any 65-68 Mustangs near Central Arkansas w/TCI or R&C front suspensions?

Folks,
      I'm doing the research for an affordable upgraded suspension that opens up the engine bay, that's why Im researching these 2 kits and companies. Anybody close to central Arkansas that has some 1st hand input or who's willing to show their instal to me? I can drive to a garage if it's still on the rack/rotisserie too...

So I am not close, nor do I have a Mustang. But, I did install the R&C kit in my Ford Maverick. I would do it again if I were building another car. I love the removal of the shock towers, created a ton of room and really allowed me to clean up the engine bay. The install is very straight forward, directions and info they supply are fantastic. The guys at R&C are also quick to answer the phone and supply great tech information should you have any questions.

Pictures of my install early on in my build thread, as well as how it looks now all painted up in more current pictures. See link

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Fantastic job in the maverick Glenn, you are a master in the paint and body art for sure. How do the like the steering and handling of the R&D system? I couldn't see any pictures of the front suspension bc they were labeled NLA or something. May be a setting I need to find. I bet your daughter is gonna hate driving that thing...lol

Quite honestly I have yet to put a single mile on the car. I am in the final stages of assembly on this car. But I have spoken to many other people with the R&C kit and all are very happy with it. All my pictures are on Photobucket, not sure why they aren't coming up for you?

Thanks for the compliments on the body/paint. I have made my entire career as a body man/painter and now work for PPG as a technical instructor.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

If you travel through Nashville TN or or Near Beverly Hills FL, I can get you hooked up to look at a 64 Fairlane or a 65 Falcon with R&C Kits.

I used a kit from Full Tilt street Rods and it was a great kit. Lots of options and great price. I use my 65 mustang just to cruise so it was great for the money. I've been driving it 3 years now. My only complaint is that use cheap bushings and cheap shocks but that's probably why the kit is priced so low. Link below

http://www.fulltiltstreetrods.com/hub_to_hub.htm
      Ahmad B.

Sorry, been off line for a while...moving to a new building. Tennessee and Florida are some good places to visit for sure, thanks for the offer! will do

Ahmad, I just looked at that kit and it looks like a standard mustang II set up. I have done a lot of research and the big difference with the TCI kits is how the upper control arm mounts to the front clip. Their design prohibited the mount bolts from moving inboard in the event of a pot hole or other hard hit. Thanks for the info

Well I finally bit the bullet, I ordered the complete IFS and rear torque arm suspension (3 link) kit from TCI. They had a great sale going and it included a tilt steering column, wildwood 4 piston calipers, braided brake hoses, front and rear sway bars, ride tech impact forged single adjustable coil overs all 4 corners, 2" dropped spindles & power steering rack.

I'll be posting the build as it progresses and give my review on the design and parts in the kit...stay tuned

Please start a build thread in the project updates section.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I am close to Nashville and would be interested in checking out a TCI install on a Falcon, getting ready to start my 64 Falcon build.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com