Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Central Arkansas has entered the building...

...building a '68 Coupe that is...

Morning folks,
      My name is Bryan. I'm right out side Little Rock Air Force Base enjoying my retirement now. Over 20 years working on the heavies from B-52 to B-1, C-17, C-5, etc, etc...
      I've got a '68 Mustang (my birth year) that I've started building and am looking forward to learning form you old guys and possibly giving some good input as well. Will try to post pictures. I read the rules and theres one thing I agree with in the definition of a resto-mod...drive the sucker! Garage Queens are nice but if its in the shop, its on the lift getting something put on to make it a better driver!

Starting w a bone stock 289 car, front discs, 8" rear, C4 3speed with a beautiful body and no rust. Engine is non original. In fact, judging by the way it shakes, I think its a 302 with 289 flex plate and balancer. Previous owner thought it was because it had a huge cam in it, lol. I'm building the solution to the bad shake as we type...

Anyhoo, glad to find the site and looking forward to some contributions, coffee & cruises with some of you guys!

BryanName:  IMG_4711.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  316.6 KB

Welcome Bryan! Post up updates to your car when you get them. LR was a fun assignment, I was stationed there from 94-03. I retired in 2010.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Hi Chris,
      I read your profile and thought you might live down the street! I'm in Jacksonville AR. We were here at the same time, 00-08. I was an FTD instructor. I retired in 2011, 2A6X5 hydro guy. Glad to meet you. Good looking Camaro too, love that body style!

Hey Bryan, just up the road a piece in Jonesboro, AR. Welcome to the site. I'm working on a '68 as well...Well kinda it's a Camaro. That Mustang's looking sweet! Yeah, I too am retired, us old farts have to have something to keep us busy and out of trouble huh? lol

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Hi Carl, glad to hear from you. Looks like I'm outnumbered already! We have an annual Goodsell car show down the road from me every summer. Have you ever hear of it or attended?

Side note, I see your post numbers and figured this isn't your first rodeo. I did a search already. I'm really interested in the TCI front and rear suspension. They autocross/road race their 67 fastback for advertisement so it shouldn't be a bad system as some have posted. Is there a way to get some feedback from guys on this site that have installed them in a mustang?

I've never heard of or attended the Goodsell car show. Sounds like something I'm going to have to do this summer. You'll find that if someone has done something your doing now and you need help, they're always ready to help. The only time I've seen the opposite is when someone asks for help, get it, and then the person asking for help tells them how ignorant their response was and they're going to do it their own way. Don't ask, if you don't want someone's help I figure.. This is one of the best sites for autos I've seen. Yes, there's a lot of Chevrolet, but if you'll look, you'll see that there is quite a diversity here. Most is quite interesting. I've asked for help on several things (and readily got it), and have even given some tips. Great forum, you'll like it here.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com