Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Speed tech UCA and LCA with ridetech HQ shocks

Hi,

I found a really good deal on some speed tech upper and lower control arms for sale. I was curious what is the pros and cons going with the speed tech vs the ridetech Upper and lower control arms. Some people have mentioned to me since I have stock LCA now, and where the coil over mounts to the LCA is not designed for the coil over. I was looking at the speed tech LCA and it looks like it would need a T-Bar as well. Im guessing since it is stamped steel this should be good?

Thanks Ray

2014 ZL1

If you don't have the shocks yet I would probably do the ridetech setup. I'm pretty sure the shocks for the ridetech arms have a different stroke than the ones they sell for a stock or aftermarket tubular arms. If you already have the shocks, just add the tbar and use the Speedtech. Speedtech offers Ridetech shocks on their site, so I'm sure a quick call to them could clear up an muddy waters.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I have the ridetech HQ shocks with the Tbar already. I just looked on their site and seen they offer the shocks with their kits. Im curious on the drop spindles etc. Can I use the ride tech drop spindles with these?
      2014 ZL1

ridetech says that they are compatible with OEM and Strongarms so I don't see why the Speedtech Arms would not work since many ppl use OEM spindles with aftermarket arms.

Chris--

Here is a photo of the Upper control arms. I have noticed that it doesnt look like the ones on the site. I am guessing it is a older version? Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks

Name:  00O0O_i8tYU7AqeRp_600x450.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  33.8 KB
      2014 ZL1

PM Blake Foster "killer69" and ask him to take a look at the pics. He's THE guy over at Speedtech.

Chris--

Thanks Chris. I already have, was just hoping someone would chime in before Sunday.
      2014 ZL1

Even though the speed tech arms have a spring pocket for conventional springs, they are designed for use with T-bar coilovers. That spring pocket can handle the force, where your factory stamped arms...shouldn't.

I would verify you have the correct length coilover for Speedtech lowers, I can't tell you that for sure. It could be a material difference vs. a stock or ridetech lower.

Regarding the ridetech spindle, I don't know, but generally a mismatch of significant parts can create some funky results. It'll bolt together and may even look good, but you may be leaving some handling performance on the table.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

Those speedtech control arms do work with ridetech drop spindles. I have that setup, I opted to go with Viking coils but they are the same physical size as ridetech coils. My coils do have a t-bar at the bottom vut that just slides in the joint that is already there.

Pm me if you have questions or need pics.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com