Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Trying to get opinion's! Pro touring vs x275 for the street?

I have a 72 nova with a tci 4 link and subframe connectors to the factory subframe that's new, 9 inch quick performance rear with a spool brand new never had grease in it, also qa1 coilovers,Wilwood back brakes vintage a/c that has been used and not installed the front suspension hasn't been touched and the car is solid. It also has new headliner and carpet and the seats look fairly recently covered needs to be put together! I am wanting a daily that i can drive hard like a new Vette but can take to the dragstrip also! In the beginning i want to start with a l33 5.3 and get it running and later add twin turbo's to a 4l80e transmission Maybe lsx or Sleeved short stroke block later! I realize i would have to change to a posi center but is it feasible to handle well and still run quick time's at the track with a pro touring (good Handling street setup) and still kill the strip? Last question and sorry for the book in advance would u sell this car add some cash on top and get a solid 1st gen F body roller maybe a close finished roller with some suspension? Here are some pic's of the car!Name:  16709289_10158238678810343_1501809083_o.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  288.2 KBName:  00i0i_5IsE6Ej9zm5_600x450.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  40.8 KBName:  16710399_10158238679735343_2035167133_o.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  265.7 KBName:  16710390_10158238679245343_40847379_o.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  230.8 KBName:  16731655_10158238680040343_22367251_o.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  162.3 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Anyone????

Not going to come close to "killing" the strip with a car set up for street handling, but it will run what it runs on the track. I would keep it street worthy because that is likely where it will see the most action...approaching it from the other side would be the greater failure. You can always pull timing at launch and let it blister on the big end.

Thanks bud i understand what you mean poor wording wasn't mean the street outlaw Dreams lmao like it sounded just meant turn a good number! Kinda changed my mind, Think i am going to try to change the suspension setup to more of a pro-touring setup!Any advice i'd would very much appreciate. Not really interested in going to the strip or any track! I just want the car to handle great, Be reliable, with a low stance For a daily driver with A/C! I already have a gen 4 lq4 block not sure if i should just get a 408 rotating assembly or look for a Ls3 Short block? I have a Vintage Air Kit already! The rear is Tci 4 link and Quick Performance spool 35 spline axles with QA1 Coil Overs! I was told the rear is 1 inch shorter than stock with wilwood Brakes the wheels 15 x 275 on the rear. I would possibly like to install dse tubs for Larger Wheels! Should i sell some of this off of course i understand the spool lol! Just what is gonna be my best course of action for the suspension where i can have a Daily that handles with a low stance

You don't need 700 hp to have a fun pro-touring car. I will say from experience, running a big block with a turbo is fun but their is issues that come with it. Under hood temps, oil temp, tuning , tweaking , breaking parts. I love the sounds and the feel of it but i am building with my students a 6.0 with ls3 heads and a nice camshaft with a t56 in a 69 nova. I would look into Ride tech and look into some nice front upper and lower control arms, nice set of front coil overs, their spindles and tru turn. You can put some large meats up front and the geometry up front will be right and car will handle like no other. DSE tubs are great and you can run a 18x11 wheel out back with that rearend and just put a good posi in the rear. I wouldnt worry about a rear sway bar but definitely get a good front one. Don't forget looking into some nice front brakes to go with the rear setup you have. Best of luck.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-touring-build

follow our high school student build this pro touring nova.

follow us on Facebook
      @Artisanmotoworksclub

Hey thanks! I had saw the story of your build! i will check it out some more! I think it is really cool what you are doing and teaching them! I really have my heart set on a first Gen F body! My dad has some project F body's that need from mild to almost all of the sheet metal lol! 1968 Firebird 400 with no title i was going to originally fix that i always liked camaro's more and see they bring the most money but appreciated the fact the Firebird's you don't see as often not sure how to go about getting a title it has been on my land 25 years atleast! He also has a 68 Camaro, 67 rs ss that needs almost all panels, a 69 a/c car and his own 69 Camaro body...among a bunch of others lol! I wanna drive soon I was wondering if i just build this Nova Would the drag 4 link still handle? Would you just get one of the other cars and start fresh and just sell this? I know i want to drive soon and even if i go with a Camaro i'll prob sub out the body work even tho i bought a new hobart 190 i'd rather pay a local to stay on the job so the back section is solid being i have very little time as of late working 6 days a week!

I transformed my Dart from strip to PT setup and the car is triple the fun and it gets driven almost as a daily driver. Still fast but now it's nimble too.
      Emil Bunger

Thanks man i have made some headway maybe it's time a made a thread i am no pro but i am good at lot's of things lol! So i may need to ask questions lol! I have replaced and changed parts on these cars for years when i was younger and others! Time to show what i know lol! I started at 12:30 today the compressor wouldn't run fast enough on the generator so prob gonna have to fix the 8000 i have the engine is blown may install a larger one hopefully with one like a honda to keep it from dipping down so much hoping to run my hobart 190 on it lol wish me luck lol!
      Attached Images Attached Images            

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com