Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Rick's Restomod Tank Question?

Has anybody bought and used the Rick's Restomod Tank? I'm about to order one with the zl1 pump for a ls7 67 camaro that I'm building and trying to see if its worth the 139 dollar upgrade to do the side pick ups. Matt at MCB said that for my application and most others, that they are not using the side pick ups any longer, but just wanted some feed back from others on the forum. Purpose is an occasional auto crosser, take it to the drag strip vehicle. Suspension is all ridetech coilover from front to back. Thanks guys!

1967 Camaro RS/SS - Project "Skunkworks" in Progress...

$139 now or go through the trouble later to take it out again and install them. I wouldn't order such a great set up then just skimp out for $139 bucks......

On another note the link I listed below sells the pickups for less money, you'll just have to do your own plumbing.

http://apeusa.com/html/pickups.html
      Ahmad B.

I spoke with somebody at Rick's today and he told me that the restomod tank with the zl1 pump comes standard with the side pick up. He said he didn't know that they came without the pick ups and that if there was an option with or without that he recommended with. Who knows? I was originally wanting the side pick ups, but Matt at MCB basically talked me out of them. After speaking with Rick's, I'm going to order them with the tank and be done with it so I don't have to worry about it. By the way, their price straight from Rick's is very competitive.
      1967 Camaro RS/SS - Project "Skunkworks" in Progress...

i have a custom Ricks tank and it works perfrect, no slosh at all. Hector at Ricks got me squared away.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com