Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Modern classics- modern classic interiors...run dont walk

After giving multiple chances to resolve the order I am forced to do the first negative review of a business online. After reading many post about no communication and delayed parts in the past, and several positive stories earlier this year, I decided to chance it and order a console from Michael Ball at modern classic interiors. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS FRAUD!!!!

Facts- On Jan 4th i ordered a single console from him by using the order form on the website http://www.modernclassicsinteriors.com/contact-us.html. The next day i was contacted by phone by Michael Ball from modern classics. There was an issue with the order form. My address did not go through. I gave it to him, and asked him If the console was instock ready to ship. His response was "that there is 4 of them siting on the shelf ready and will ship this week." I explained to him that i rad several negative reviews about shipping time and was assured that was not the case and several years ago. He said he would send a invoice later that day and to send a check. NO paypal, CC or cash. Check only.I thought with was weird but I let it slide. Maybe he is old school and likes paper trails. I finally received an invoice- a microsoft word typed invoice. the chech was mailed and delivery confirmed on the 14th. The check posted to the account on the 18th. I have never received any call, text, or email saying the order had shipped. I called on the 20th at 1541 only to get a voice mail. I left a message. Being friday afternoon I decided I will give him over the weekend. On the 26th at 1504, I placed another call to him. Once again, I received a voice mail. I left one asking for a tracking number. NO RESPONSE. I place another voice call to him on 1-31 at 1328. Again, voice mail and NO return call. I Used the contact us form on the website to send him a message trying to get a hold of him. AGAIN its 2-09-17 and I have not heard ANYTHING ALL all after payment was cashed.

It appears the facebook page is down or I am blocked from it. Why I dont know because no message was sent through social media of any kind.

I WARN ANY AND ALL to stay VERY FAR AWAY from this COMPANY. It appears that there are several companies using the same number, email, or address on business licenses. The company does not show up in the business records in FT wayne,that i can find online, unless the name has changed again.

I am out 514 dollars and time to complete this car. The interior is the last thing to be done and is waiting on the console to go to the upholstery place. I will be perusing legal means or recovery but I CAUTION EVERYONE.......DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MODERN CLASSICS, MODERN CLASSIC INTERIORS OR ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH MICHAEL G BALL IN FT WAYNE INDIANA WITH THE NUMBER OF 260-442-8382.

I would like the console sent or money returned immediately. Really I would like the product I paid for.

A complaint to the BBB of indiana was filed and Will try to call bank about funds but being a check i doubt they will be able to do anything .

again NO BUSINESS WITH MODERN CLASSICS....... I will update with any change that come in the future.

UPDATE 2-22-2017

After many more unanswered calls, emails, BBB complaints, bank complaints etc, I answered the door to a box with the console I ordered. There was no reciept, invoice, etc on the box other than the shipping tag. It was well packed and console looks great. I still have not had contact with anyone from them after my original call.

If this company would communicate better, return calls or emails, and keep accurate shipping times then they could not make stuff fast enough. Work is fantastic for fiberglass work, poor communication.

Having said that, If you want to order from them, its your choice but I would suggest ordering at the beginning of your project and forgetting you ever ordered it. It may arrive in a week or months later but the work, when you receive it is fantastic.

I'll add to the review of MCI. Like others, I was impressed with the pictures of the interior MCI produces for the 2nd Gen Camaro. I spoke with Mike, ordered the complete interior kit, but to protect me from what others have experienced, I asked Mike so send me pictures of all the pieces being shipped. He forwarded pictures of all the panels, console, and dash. They even had my name written on them. Feeling good about the order, I sent Mike a PayPal payment for everything. The entire kit was supposed to be shipped on December 9, 2016.
      The door panels shipped right away. Dash came in April, console came in July, and I still have not received the rear panels. I've called, left messages, emailed, sent texts but nothing. He is a complete scam artist.
      DO NOT BUY FROM MCI! You will get screwed.

Country Flag: United States
      After several attempts of trying to get my order coompleted. I am resorting to posting MAJOR NEGATIVE COMMENTS concerning MCI.. Multiple calls, emails, letter from lawyer, BBB complaint, consumer protection, etc. Nothing is working, Case in point. I spoke with another of his customers and I will take the high road here, and not hide behing my computer screen. For what it is worth, MR. MICHAEL G. BALL 5901 TANAGER BLVD. FORT WAYNE INDIANA 46818. YOU ARE A LOW DOWN AS DIRTY AS THEY COME SCAMMER!!!!! I can not wait until the day comes when someone on here posts. hey, you know that cat from fort wayne. he is out of business, WHOOPS!!!!! now, mister ball, I promised that I would not hide.

ROGER WATKINS
      GREAT OUTDOORS RV
      9588 HWY 63 N.
      BONO, AR 72416
      870-935-1080
      870-974-3253
      [email protected]

thanks, i already feel better!!!!!

amazing how the world works when you deal with a legitimate business. ordered these bad boys a week ago. and good golly miss molly!!!! big brown truck makes daddy very happy!!!!! thanks fesler for the excellent products. maybe this is another knife to the heart of mci. take note you dipstick, michael ball. people like you are the problem, i just hope that i can prevent ANYONE ELSE FROM FALLING IN YOUR TRAP!!!!! CHEERS EVERYONE!! as previous, no hiding.

ROGER WATKINS
      GREAT OUTDOORS RV
      9588 HWY. 63 N.
      BONO, AR. 72416
      870-935-1080
      870-974-3253
      [email protected]

now, y'all have a nice day now. ya hear!!!!!
      Attached Images Attached Images      

**UPDATE** I never did receive my door panels I ordered and paid for over two years ago. Karma never fails to come around. Mr. Ball took a lot of money from a lot of people with never intending to provide a product. I do not know circumstances but his home was foreclosed on last year and it was purchased by an investor. It was rented out in November 2018.
      Whatever you do, DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Michael G. Ball, Modern Classics Interiors, or anyone selling similar interiors without ensuring you are not dealing with him. As others have said on multiple forums, all he had to do was communicate and follow-through. He does neither.

Just an FYI, I ordered a center console for my c3 corvette and received it from Modern Classics within 2 weeks. Mikes communication sucks and he didn't answer any follow up emails, but I did receive the product shortly after he said it would be completed. Maybe I got lucky...

believe it or not. i actually called and got hold of michael one day. he asked if i would like a refund. i said yes because that i had ordered and received my other door panels. he said that he would send a cashiers check. he did. i am proud. thank you, nobody died

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com