Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thoughts on this car?

Hi everyone,
      I'm new in the Camaro scene, and always wanted to purchase a 1st gen Camaro, now that I have saved enough cash, I have decided the time has come.
      I live in France, and it's really hard to find a decent one within Europe, I have found a Pro-Touring, and would love to have your thoughts about it, here is the description from the advert:

1968 Pro Touring Camaro,the car was built in the states in 2007 and imported to uk by previous owner.I have owned the car for 2 years an have had the engine fully rebuilt from a bare block with all new parts.Built for circuit trackdays and road use it,s fitted with the following spec.
      Engine.All Alloy 427 cu in small block V8 535 BHP.
      Gearbox Richmond 5 speed C/R with Hurst short shifter twin plate carbon clutch.
      Axle.Narrowed 12 bolt with LSD and Main Line shafts.
      Brakes.Willwood 6 pot front 4 pot rear disc,s
      Suspension.F/R coilovers with four link rear,all poly bushed with chassis connectors larger anti roll bars,tubeular wishbones all adj.
      interior is black leather and in good condition.
      the car has no rust and is in very good condition haveing been resprayed this year.I have all the reciepts for all the build in the states costing 82k Dollars.
      There is a spares package with the car includeing a spare set of wheels like the ones fitted to the car and a complete set of ratio,s for the gearbox plus lots of other parts.
      Pics:

(ugly steering wheel though...)

Price is set @ 50k
      Good deal, if so to what extend should I negotiate? Or should I walk away?

Thanks for your time and help, hope to be among you soon enough!

Country Flag: United States
      The fact that you're in France makes it hard to judge. I think this same car would be hard to sell in the US for $50K, but in France, it might be a good deal. The engine seems to have good internals and the fact that it has an aluminum block is nice. The Richmond 5 speed is older tech, but works OK.

Bottom line, if you can't find a better alternative, this might be a good deal...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      The fact that you're in France makes it hard to judge. I think this same car would be hard to sell in the US for K, but in France, it might be a good deal. The engine seems to have good internals and the fact that it has an aluminum block is nice. The Richmond 5 speed is older tech, but works OK.

Bottom line, if you can't find a better alternative, this might be a good deal...

Andrew
      Thanks for the reply, the rebuilt engine only has 150 miles on it.
      What would be a "good" price in the US?

Around 50k (kinda difficult to have an accurate price with currency conversion)

Id still offer him 40K cash in hand..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      Id still offer him 40K cash in hand..
      Sadly, in Europe we can't pay big amount with cash without getting suspected of illegal activity, banks don't accept big cash deposit/withdraw, officially in France you can't pay anything over 3k (soon decreased to 1k lol) with cash, ridiculous, isn't it ?

oh thats some bullshet there..

As noted above him $40k cash and tell him that the two of you can go to the bank and get a bank check. This should be as good as cash in my way of thinking. Besides, you'll be covered if anything suspicious pops up.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

is that $50K USd or Euro ? Not that it really matters as it's only $3K either way difference. I agree $40K is more what you'd be looking at, albeit rarity (ie one of these types of cars being found in Europe) does make it more expensive. When you consider import and registartin, insurance costs etc to get one from the states. Like others have said I'd start at $40K. But I have a personal view. If you want, can afford it.. it buy it. It's a great looking 68
      Chris Luxford

68 Camaro 632 BBC

61 Buick Lesabre - Daily Driver

06 Prius - Wife's a tree hugger !

It's also about "how much do I want to pay, and how bad do I want it?" kind of thing. For that kind of money make sure you go over it and over it and over it. Take a magnet with a piece of cloth and check the body for any rust covered with bondo. The rag will go between the magnet and the body so as not to scratch the paint. If everything checks out... make a offer.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com