Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Lokar gas pedal sticking

Not sure what sub forum this goes in so I'll guess here and the mods can move...

Was doing some other work under the steering column and noticed the flat head bolt with the Allen head connecting the upper and lower arm appeared a little loose so I tightened it good and snug. Then I started the car and everything was good until I goosed the throttle and the pedal didn't return to idle position. So I keyed off the ignition and backed the bolt an eighth of a turn or so and now it's good again. But it's a little concerning... Don't want the upper and lower arms coming loose but that would be better than gas pedal sticking.

I've downloaded install directions for this exact pedal (below) and I don't see anything about tightening specifications.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...imT4Wyi3mKPCzg

I'm going to try calling Lokar tech support tomorrow but in case anyone out here has already been through this wicket ... Else I'll post what I find out to maybe help others.

Thanks,
      Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomsResto View Post
      Not sure what sub forum this goes in so I'll guess here and the mods can move...

Was doing some other work under the steering column and noticed the flat head bolt with the Allen head connecting the upper and lower arm appeared a little loose so I tightened it good and snug. Then I started the car and everything was good until I goosed the throttle and the pedal didn't return to idle position. So I keyed off the ignition and backed the bolt an eighth of a turn or so and now it's good again. But it's a little concerning... Don't want the upper and lower arms coming loose but that would be better than gas pedal sticking.

I've downloaded install directions for this exact pedal (below) and I don't see anything about tightening specifications.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...imT4Wyi3mKPCzg

I'm going to try calling Lokar tech support tomorrow but in case anyone out here has already been through this wicket ... Else I'll post what I find out to maybe help others.

Thanks,
      Tom
      Weird, I can see the full link to the instructions if I try to edit the post but the link doesn't work after submitting... try this one:
      http://www.lokar.com/downloads/pdf-i...lePedal-GM.pdf

Does your pedal have part #4, the teflon washer on each side? Try removing one of them and see if it will tighten up, if it does how sloppy is it. You can "machine" the face of the delrin bushing (part #3) with some fine emery cloth laying on a flat surface to gain the clearance you need.

Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com