Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: power tour 2017

2017 Hot Rod Power tour is officially over. Back to reality :(

I can say this year was defiantly a milestone for me, being able to do the longhaul with a group and having zero mechanical issues. It couldn't have went much better with exception of having functional AC.

Left STL 7am Sat 10th with 11 cars. Stuck with about 5 through out the tour because we had same hotels. Its a pain coordinating a bunch of people each morning. So our group size was good.

Highlights for me, our 3rd stop Davenport IOWA. Someone organized a wagon meet/photo shoot on riverfront. Pretty cool, we ended up with 31 longroofs. My #wagonmafia stickers I had made before leaving went over well. I made 10 and they went fast. Meet some cool guys.

Beat on a few unsuspecting Mustangs during trip, that always puts a smile on my face. Car still pulled hard even being probably #4200 lbs with passenger and gear.

Ended up driving about 2000 miles in 7 days, car was getting 17-19mpg. All in all im happy with cars performance.

Hot Rod photographers ended up snagging several pics of the car during the trip. Pretty cool

Country Flag: United States
      Name:  7148 Gen1s only.jpeg
Views: 215
Size:  365.6 KB

Name:  20170614_100819.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  209.7 KB

One of the guys I rode with has two sets of Long Haul Gang magnets (Holley/MSD "puzzle" magnet, not the license plate one) but somehow lost both of his Day 2's (Newton, IA) ... by any chance does anyone have an extra Day 2 magnet?

He said he's even be willing to trade multiple pieces from one of his incomplete sets to get a Day 2 and have one complete set.

Let me know if you're willing to help him out, consider a trade and I'll get you in touch.

Thanks,
      Tom

Tell him to get on FB powertour page. I guarantee you will find one

Quote Originally Posted by beater65 View Post
      Tell him to get on FB powertour page. I guarantee you will find one
      OK, thanks I'll pass that along to him ... I'm one of the few weird people that don't do Facebook so I can't help him out there, but hopefully he can find someone that does

Quote Originally Posted by beater65 View Post
      2017 Hot Rod Power tour is officially over. Back to reality :(

I can say this year was defiantly a milestone for me, being able to do the longhaul with a group and having zero mechanical issues. It couldn't have went much better with exception of having functional AC.

Left STL 7am Sat 10th with 11 cars. Stuck with about 5 through out the tour because we had same hotels. Its a pain coordinating a bunch of people each morning. So our group size was good.

Highlights for me, our 3rd stop Davenport IOWA. Someone organized a wagon meet/photo shoot on riverfront. Pretty cool, we ended up with 31 longroofs. My #wagonmafia stickers I had made before leaving went over well. I made 10 and they went fast. Meet some cool guys.

Beat on a few unsuspecting Mustangs during trip, that always puts a smile on my face. Car still pulled hard even being probably #4200 lbs with passenger and gear.

Ended up driving about 2000 miles in 7 days, car was getting 17-19mpg. All in all im happy with cars performance.

Hot Rod photographers ended up snagging several pics of the car during the trip. Pretty cool
      When you say "Hot Rod photographers ended up snagging several pics of the car during the trip", how did you find the pics? ... on what site? ... curious to see if I can find myself and/or the group I was driving with

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TomsResto View Post
      When you say "Hot Rod photographers ended up snagging several pics of the car during the trip", how did you find the pics? ... on what site? ... curious to see if I can find myself and/or the group I was driving with

Thanks!
      HotRod was posting galleries of pics everyday. Just start looking through them.

http://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com