Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Ran 2, 10" Blaupunk pro components 6.4 mh chokes. bolted to plywood bolted to rear package firing into the rear seat. 6x9s bolted in traditional position with caps on them. Pushed them a Marantz BP750 amplifier.
      had 4 amp blocks that would push 100 w into each 4 ohm speakers.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Years ago, 1992 ish..I had 2 kicker 8" free airs mounted in my 1980 TA, sounded real good. You do need a bigger(more powerful amp). In my 78, I again have 2-8" FA in the rear deck. I am happy but would like a little more power AND the kickers I'm presently using are from 1994.. Only used briefly back in the day and I pulled them out of storage when I bought my 78 in 2010. I plan on going with 10" kicker brand, mainly because they are the only reasonably priced FA in today's market. I may put them in trunk and fire into back seat only if I think it'll be burdensome to modify the rear deck. My main reason for doing this is I dont want a big heavy box in my trunk. I could get some pics if anyone is interested.
      Leon Reed
      1978 Trans Am
      LS1/4L60E

my build..updated 11-21-13 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...8-TA-LS1-build

I just finished doing that very thing on my Chevelle. Single 10" Rockford Fosgate in a sealed box mounted in the package tray. I made a frame for the box out of 2" angle and welded it in. I have a Pioneer DEH-80Prs, RF 6.5 components, R500X1D mono amp for the sub and a R300X4 for the components. The amps are set to zero gain and it hits very hard. Mine is for sound quality not SPL. I can listen to everything from 70 rock to Uptown Funk and it sounds amazing. Not a single rattle at all and when the bass notes hit you can feel it in your chest. Here is a pic of the rear tray. I can't upload a pic, maybe because I am new ????

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/atta...7&d=1480948235

Quote Originally Posted by WFFW View Post
      Might want to consider a ported Band Pass box. Multiple design possibilities including, Duel Reflex housing 1 sub(8" or 10")with dual ports running thru rear package tray.
      Attachment 135778
      Quote Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
      Band pass boxes a normally pretty huge,
      compared to a sealed or ported box.
      Ive seen a guy that built some awesome enclosures, he has a cheap 80 watt amp powering a 6" sub. the enclosure was large for a 6" sub, I think the design was something like a T-line (transmission line) I can't remember.

But he went to a 7-11 store and just asked a stranger to come up and listen to it. the stranger (so they say) thought it was a 12" with about 600 watts RMS.

Quote Originally Posted by bswisher View Post
      I just finished doing that very thing on my Chevelle. Single 10" Rockford Fosgate in a sealed box mounted in the package tray. I made a frame for the box out of 2" angle and welded it in. I have a Pioneer DEH-80Prs, RF 6.5 components, R500X1D mono amp for the sub and a R300X4 for the components. The amps are set to zero gain and it hits very hard. Mine is for sound quality not SPL. I can listen to everything from 70 rock to Uptown Funk and it sounds amazing. Not a single rattle at all and when the bass notes hit you can feel it in your chest. Here is a pic of the rear tray. I can't upload a pic, maybe because I am new ????

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/atta...7&d=1480948235
      Bswisher, you have a link to your thread? Do you show how you framed the box and welded in place? I'm going to use a box from The Shop LLC and I want to make sure I secure it in place and make a cutout in the rear deck for the 10" sub.

Single 10 inch in a sealed box will sound awesome. I did that in a 95 Impala Ss I had and am doing the same thing in my Camaro now. Used a standard 10 inch sealed mdf box, buy your sub ( alpine R is my preference) buy a speaker cover for it also -then cut a hole @ 1 inch in diameter larger than the sub and either suspend from deck with substantial 90 degree “ L” brackets and or support from trunk floor. Use some quality rubber weatherstrip to seal face of box to underside of the deck and trim the hole with door welting. In the impala I just attached to rear deck, in the Camaro I am probably going to attract to the deck and the trunk floor and have had to modify the front of box to squeeze it up tight to front of rear deck/edge of back seat. Will sound awesome and look good without breaking the bank. I can send pics in a few days when we get home.

Quote Originally Posted by camuchi View Post
      Single 10 inch in a sealed box will sound awesome. I did that in a 95 Impala Ss I had and am doing the same thing in my Camaro now. Used a standard 10 inch sealed mdf box, buy your sub ( alpine R is my preference) buy a speaker cover for it also -then cut a hole @ 1 inch in diameter larger than the sub and either suspend from deck with substantial 90 degree “ L” brackets and or support from trunk floor. Use some quality rubber weatherstrip to seal face of box to underside of the deck and trim the hole with door welting. In the impala I just attached to rear deck, in the Camaro I am probably going to attract to the deck and the trunk floor and have had to modify the front of box to squeeze it up tight to front of rear deck/edge of back seat. Will sound awesome and look good without breaking the bank. I can send pics in a few days when we get home.
      Please send the photos when you get a chance, very interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com