Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by Fuelie Nova View Post
      You need to go with one that you can get support on in your area. Fueltech is a great system but not that popular and may be hard to find local help. I have run Holley and Fast, currently using the Holley Dominator. To me its a no brainer, Holley hands down. I have had zero issues with the Holley and when you have questions the internet support is fantastic.
      Holley call in support is not so good, Fast's support just down right sucks.
      Tom
      you are right about fueltech local help ! but they have a fantastic support on facebook ( UK or USA )

I've just download the Holley software and watch a video how to install a dual sync dist by Holley, I beleive it was more difficult and the sofware looks pretty easy to tune.

A friend who has a lot of knowledge in EFI told me that the Link G4 ECU ( Storm or Xtrem ) are very good too but not really cheap

http://www.speedtechnz.com/shop/bran...nt+System.html

Having used both, all my personal cars use Holley dominator. The software is easy to use and with V4 advanced tables you can do almost anything you can think of. Most all name brand EFI ecu can do the same thing but look into growing down the road. N2o, boost, meth injection,traction control, transmission controller etc. Holley is one box, not several add on boxes of modules.

If you dont need many inputs or outputs then the Holley HP ecu will do. If you can do with 4 ins and 4 outs then the HP ecu will work. The Holley will allow you to grow. AS with most systems you can tune in speed density, alpha n or a combo. Most everyones helps lines are severely lacking in the CS dept.

If you are going to have someone else tune it, then use what they prefer. As you can tell my vote goes to Holley.

is the holley hp or FAST XFI 2.0 system easy to tune for E85 ? compatible with dual O2 sensors ? and compatible with a knock sensor ?

yes, it is the same as gas, change a drop down box, or use a flex fual sensor and advanced tables for fuel and spark compensation . yes dual o2 sensors(you can pick leanest, richest, average or individuals) , and yes knock sensorsup to 2 and have frequency control so you dont have to use a specific sensor . cant remember on the FAST.

ok thx that's cool but is it nor only the dominator ECU that can control 2 O2 sensors ?

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Also, how much vacuum are you making at idle? The more vacuum at idle the better the tuning table resolution.

Andrew

Andrew, sorting out the same question for my build with a 505 Pontiac. What would you consider adequate idle vacuum? I haven't run the engine yet but I did have it dynoed so I think they can tell me what vacuum it produced at idle.
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
      Andrew, sorting out the same question for my build with a 505 Pontiac. What would you consider adequate idle vacuum? I haven't run the engine yet but I did have it dynoed so I think they can tell me what vacuum it produced at idle.
      My Cougar idles at about 45-50 kPa...which is about 13-14 inches of mercury...I would consider that the minimum for a street car.

Andrew

1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

My engine idles great around 58 kPa (12 inHg vacuum). If the engine has a large race camshaft (can't maintain a steady kPa value because vacuum fluctuates too much), it will idle better using Alpha-N Idle Fuel - Fuel ICF ("Combo" Load Sensing in Engine Parameters - System ICF).
      May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, 4" lift, 35" tires

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com