Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

F body T-56 reverse lockout solenoid

Hey everybody,
      I bought a T-56 with the internals of the lockout solenoid removed. I was hoping to find someone who had a used solenoid assembly (or just the elbow or even just the plunger and spring) that they wouldn't mind selling me. It does not need to be operational as I'm not using the electronic function. I just need something to not slam into reverse. I don't want to buy a brand new one of I don't have to because I would mostly just be paying for parts I won't use. Thanks in ad advance!

-Mike

Country Flag: United States
      Out of curiosity, why don't you want to use the lockout solenoid? You want to keep from going into reverse when going to 5th gear, and that just needs a power wire to engage when you need reverse. Just curious..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I've just never had a problem with shifting through it. It's just a little bump so I figure why go through all of the effort to a)wire a switch I have to most likely use two hands to use or b)pay a lot of money for one of the "modules" that simulate computer vss just for the lockout solenoid.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com