Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

CAM Challenge West is in San Diego in 2017!!!!!!!

It has been announced that CAM Challenge West is coming to San Diego Qualcom Stadium in 2017!!!!!!!!

This is really cool. Come race with the biggest local CAM T group in the nation and see why we get great turn outs.

Heads up, Qualcom has a sound DB limit of 93. This is not hard to make. The popular solution is to make what we call a chicken wire burrito and stick it in the tail pipe. You get some chicken wire (there is a Lowes next door to Qualcom) and roll it up and shove it up your tail pipe. Use some wire strung up to a exhaust hanger to hold it in and that usually is enough to pass sound. You don't have to do it till you have broken the sound limit. At this years match tour that was held at the Q, their were no sound infraction. Don't be afraid of the sound, come to San Diego and race muscle cars!!!

The other rumor about Qualcom is the surface sucks. Well it could be better but its the same surface every other person racing there races on so its an even field. A really cool thing about the Q is that the parking lot has some significant elevation changes that makes for some changeling and fun off and on camber turns and some hill climbs and descents.

The 2016 CAM challenge at Fontana was a blast. It was so cool hear and watch around 60 different V8s racing auto cross all day!!! Its worth coming any distance to race in San Diego. The days of Qualcom stadium are numbered and this may be the last national event here. Dont miss this chance to race at one of the biggest autocross lots.
      71 maverick.
      71 comet in build process.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.

I know no one can control mother nature nor can you fool her, and it never rains in San Diego but, can the San Diego CAMmers have a sit down with her and offer her a beer and some tacos and try to ensure that it doesn't rain? I've been to a National Tour at San Diego in March before and it was a gully washer with raging waters coming down the trenches through the West Lot. I've only seen it rain like that in Florida.

Otherwise, I am planning to be there with my CAM-S car.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

We have put in our weather requests for next year.

But racing in the rain makes for great pics
      Name:  IMG_4814 (1).jpg
Views: 260
Size:  237.6 KB
      71 maverick.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant View Post
      We have put in our weather requests for next year.

But racing in the rain makes for great pics
      Name:  IMG_4814 (1).jpg
Views: 260
Size:  237.6 KB
      They do. My ESP 90 Camaro 1LE was pictured in a publication, I think it was either North American Pylon or SportsCar, where the wave of the splash actually blocked out the car in the picture and the wave was about twice as high as the car. Everytime a car went through the ditch a wave of water moved all the nearby cones, about 20 of them, out of the boxes. Back in those days, you could not lined the course and the boxes could only be chalked. Since it was raining all the chalk boxes were erased by the rain and you couldn't tell where the boxes were. I had the best worker assignment for the weekend, Audit Car and the heater worked great.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

This should be a great event! Looking forward to it.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

When is this event?? Anyone have a link? New to this scene so trying to join in on a few events if possible near LA.

@232_ray
      Heres the cam challenge page https://www.scca.com/pages/cam-challenge

Heres the SCCA regional group page for the L.A. area http://solo2.com/

Heres the SCCA regional group for the San Diego area http://sdrscca.com/

@Chad-1stGen Is really active in autocross in the L.A. region and comes down to the San Diego Region frequently. You may want to get in contact with him.
      71 maverick.

Quote Originally Posted by 232_ray View Post
      When is this event?? Anyone have a link? New to this scene so trying to join in on a few events if possible near LA.
      You are in the right area for autocross. We run year round and there is usually something happening multiple weekends a month. The next event is running this Sunday down in San Diego at Qualcomm. After that the next one is January 15th with Cal Club at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

If you have any questions let me know.

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

San Diego CAM is a great group of encouraging people, that I am proud to be a part of. There is no better location to visit and the CAM Challenge will be lots of fun.

Link to sign up here, only four weeks away:
      http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...ational-530740
      Attached Images Attached Images  

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

Do I need gauges in order to enter?Name:  794.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  178.9 KB
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

Optional!

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

Your 2017 SDR CAM Challenge write-up is here!

This is it folks, the officially unofficial article we’ve all been waiting for: The CAM Challenge TUNE IN!

This weekend San Diego will feel the ground pounding thunder* of over 50 v8 powered American Muscle cars descend on Qualcomm stadium. The "BAD BOYS of AUTOCROSS" will battle each other in an effort to determine who is the baddest of them all. All CAM cars seek to out handle the best sports cars but something about a limited rule set and v8 engines creates a combination where raw horsepower is the common CAM offering to the gods of handling, speed and cones!

Will San Diego richter scales be triggered when more than 20,000 American horsepower is unleashed? Will new heroes rise to overcome longtime favorites? Will the sound overlord dare challenge rolling Americana?

Read on to find out!
      https://www.scca.com/posts/1983178-2...llenge-tune-in

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com