Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Global West just started making a modular spindle that that fixes the bump steer problem

Great thread -- been thinking about updating my GW control arm/B body spindle/brakes and just starting to look at what's out there. I'd love to hear how the AFX stacks up against against ridetech or GW's setup with their spindles.

This SC article measures the bumpsteer in GW's new spindle vs. B-body -- seems compelling!
      http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/cha...-need-to-know/
      1970 Chevelle - CA car, 45k orig miles
      427 Shafiroff, T56 magnum, 12 bolt 3.90
      Rick's restomod tank, ZL1 pump

Nothing but frustrating delays on everything. Front end parts and 6 speed trans were both ordered 7 weeks ago. Tremec stopped making the Magnum 2.66 6 speed for 5 weeks so mine finally shipped today. Then I got an update from SC&C that the company that makes the aluminum AFX spindles won't have another run of them completed until end of April at the earliest which means they won't be assembled and to me until May/June time frame. Unfortunately the B-body spindles and my old rotors will have to go back on for now until these spindles are finally ready. Will have the chassis brace, SC&C adjustable upper control arms, and Lee 800 box installed this go round but will have to wait on AFX spindles and GT rotors until I finally have the spindles.
      Joe Lincoln
      Lime Green 71 Olds 442 Convertible

Upgrades thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ible&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by 71OLDS View Post
      Nothing but frustrating delays on everything. Front end parts and 6 speed trans were both ordered 7 weeks ago. Tremec stopped making the Magnum 2.66 6 speed for 5 weeks so mine finally shipped today. Then I got an update from SC&C that the company that makes the aluminum AFX spindles won't have another run of them completed until end of April at the earliest which means they won't be assembled and to me until May/June time frame. Unfortunately the B-body spindles and my old rotors will have to go back on for now until these spindles are finally ready. Will have the chassis brace, SC&C adjustable upper control arms, and Lee 800 box installed this go round but will have to wait on AFX spindles and GT rotors until I finally have the spindles.
      You are correct and this is not an excuse just the facts. we had a po in with the forging company in early november the 5th to be exact. knowing they take 4 months to get the forgings done (don't ask me why it takes that long, i haven't been able to figure it out in the last 9 years) comes to mid February and the call comes in sorry material has been delayed you wont see your order till end of MAY, that is unacceptable. so i said i will supply the material. Nope that will double the cost............... then march 1st ish they call "Oh your material showed up "SHOULD" be able to have your parts by the end of April. that is all dependent on Boeing or some other huge company sending in a rush po. so Anyway we had a huge run on the spindles in nov and dec which really messed up the timing and available supply. and that is why you are now having to wait. we are sorry and are doing all we can to get them in boxes and out the door asa they show up. but people keep ordering and the list keeps getting longer and longer. a good problem to have in one respect hang in there.
      Blake Foster
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Quote Originally Posted by killer69 View Post
      You are correct and this is not an excuse just the facts. we had a po in with the forging company in early november the 5th to be exact. knowing they take 4 months to get the forgings done (don't ask me why it takes that long, i haven't been able to figure it out in the last 9 years) comes to mid February and the call comes in sorry material has been delayed you wont see your order till end of MAY, that is unacceptable. so i said i will supply the material. Nope that will double the cost............... then march 1st ish they call "Oh your material showed up "SHOULD" be able to have your parts by the end of April. that is all dependent on Boeing or some other huge company sending in a rush po. so Anyway we had a huge run on the spindles in nov and dec which really messed up the timing and available supply. and that is why you are now having to wait. we are sorry and are doing all we can to get them in boxes and out the door asa they show up. but people keep ordering and the list keeps getting longer and longer. a good problem to have in one respect hang in there.
      Blake Foster
      Cool to see business take time to comment on threads and give people the real deal situation.

Still sucks for consumers, but certain things are just out of our control as seen here.

Good news for a change - Mark at SC&C had a customer change plans and return a set of AFX spindles and luckily I was first in line - They will be arriving at the shop next week. So I don't have to wait until May/June now on anything but the aluminum steering arms unless Mark can get them to make a few sets earlier (apparently there are 3 or 4 people with AFX spindles w/o the aluminum steering arms). If not will have to go with the stock steering arm until the aluminum ones are made with next run of the AFX spindles. Will still have the bumpsteer unfortunately until the steering arms are swapped out but at least I will have the AFX spindles installed, the new GT 13" rotors installed and several of the negative issues from the b-body spindle set up resolved.
      Joe Lincoln

Good news for a change - Mark at SC&C had a customer change plans and return a set of AFX spindles and luckily I was first in line - They will be arriving at the shop next week. So I don't have to wait until May/June now on anything but the aluminum steering arms unless Mark can get them to make a few sets earlier (apparently there are 3 or 4 people with AFX spindles w/o the aluminum steering arms). If not will have to go with the stock steering arm until the aluminum ones are made with next run of the AFX spindles. Will still have the bumpsteer unfortunately until the steering arms are swapped out but at least I will have the AFX spindles installed, the new GT 13" rotors installed and several of the negative issues from the b-body spindle set up resolved.
      we have Steering arms in stock. But since we were holdng the arms to ship with the spindles until we hear different from SC&C ??? i will send him a note letting him know again.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

I ordered steering arms two weeks ago from summit. I called yesterday to get an idea on when they would be shipping and was told they were at the powder coasters. I didn't know they were in stock, can you confirm this? I already have your spindles. Thanks ,Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by killer69 View Post
      we have Steering arms in stock. But since we were holdng the arms to ship with the spindles until we hear different from SC&C ??? i will send him a note letting him know again.
      Wow thanks Blake - hoping that means Mark can send me a set of the aluminum steering arms when he sends my AFX spindles - that would be huge. I will follow up with Mark next week to confirm.

-Joe
      Joe Lincoln

Great news as Blake already suggested - Mark from SC&C confirmed today the aluminum steering arms are available now and will be sent to the shop with my new aluminum spindles. Now everything can be installed this go round instead of installing stock steering arms temporarily so really happy about that.
      Joe Lincoln

Lee 800 steering box and new chassis brace are on:

Joe Lincoln

Lee 800 steering box and new chassis brace are on:

That's the SC&C brace, right? It looks like it tucks up much better than I'd previously seen. Very curious if you have any clearance issues on the road -- I'm highly considering.
      1970 Chevelle - CA car, 45k orig miles
      427 Shafiroff, T56 magnum, 12 bolt 3.90
      Rick's restomod tank, ZL1 pump

Quote Originally Posted by downl50 View Post
      That's the SC&C brace, right? It looks like it tucks up much better than I'd previously seen. Very curious if you have any clearance issues on the road -- I'm highly considering.
      Yes it's from SC&C - won't have it out on the road for several weeks since the 6 speed, spindles, and roll bar all still need to go in but I will provide an update on how everything drives here - good or bad. Not sure where you think there might be clearance issues. Do you mean ground clearance or maybe lock to lock steering?
      Joe Lincoln

AFX spindles, steering arms, upper control arms, and GT rotors are installed:

Joe Lincoln

Updated pics on this post that were blocked - gotta love photo bucket. Hoping to have car back on the road around mid-October - we'll see.
      Joe Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com