Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada

ROADSTER COBRA 65 - Before & After

Thought I'd start a thread on the Cobra. Factory Five Mark II. Since I bought the car ( as is in the before pic) I've made some changes and additions. It's now a FAST EFI fuel injected 306 putting about 310 hp to the tire on a 2100 pound car. Tremec 3550 with a 31 spline 373 gear posi 8.8 and Willwood brakes. It also got new 18" wheels and NT 555 G2's. 275 and 295. I'm in the process of installing a LaMans hard top that will be colour matched to the body.

Attached Images Attached Images    

The top will be removable but not likly removed. It will be however hinged at the windshield supports Im going to fab up in order to pop it up at the rear. It's my way of gaining access to the trunk. I wasn't into the idea of cutting the trunk lid in half or cutting a hatch access out of the rear glass. It will have Quicker Latch fasteners where needed and two small pistons added to the newly designed 4 point roll bar to hold it up. Reminds me of some hot wheel car u had as a kid.

Wheels how I bought them....

.... and done painting them. I wanted to have the look of a bigger sidewall so I painted the hoop of the rim Smoke metallic grey so they blended into the rubber. Tires are not black and if the wheel is painted black it tends to look much darker than the tire and defeats the purpose I find.

I noticed I didn't check the auto correct my phone did to the thread title. It's supposed to simply say " Before & After" and I can't seem to edit it. Oh well.

Rear and side glass is going to be Lexan with pop up vents that are 360 degree directional and can be opened or closed. That's what I'm working on this week.

If I left the wheels and tires as I bought them vs painting them. Not horrible but no life I think.

How the top totally changes the look from being more centred with no top to being very rear weighted and slung back with the top.

Country Flag: United States
      Once the top is painted, it will be completely different. Having a car be useful for more than 3 months is always good.

The car looks a lot more modern- I'm really interested to see how the side profile changes with the top the same color. The wheels really make the color... if that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
      I noticed I didn't check the auto correct my phone did to the thread title. It's supposed to simply say " Before & After" and I can't seem to edit it. Oh well.
      Fixed it for you...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Hey THANKS Andrew. Didn't make sense before.

These cars look cool with a hardtop. I'm not sure I"d paint it, the contrast of the two tone looks kind of cool.
      LIke you said it weighs the backend of the car visually and makes it look very sporty.

It is cool in a two tone because I think the tire lettering is kinda balancing it out. Don't know if it would look so good otherwise.

I think colour match looks great.

This one started the madness lol

Update on the top. 3" pop up vents arrived from the UK. Nice pieces for the side vents and three for the rear glass. They can be rotated, opened or closed. Simple and effective for moving air on those hot days. I made the brackets for the length of the windshield pillar so the hood can pivot on them. Punching 1" holes in it to make it less chunky. Waiting on the chassis builder to swing by to start fabing up the roll bar.

Resembles Jaguar XKE with top on. Love the look! Also love what you did with the wheels!
      '67 Chevelle LS1 T56
      '70 Chevelle 454 stock

Thanks Ya I agree. Those cars from that whole era of racing had a nice slung back look to them.

Got the windshield pillar brackets done today.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com