Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 72 cuda worth?

72 cuda worth?

The car I was looking at today is a 72 cuda 440 manual all original....it is running and in decent shape...it's a 20 footer with nice interior and decent paint but has rust bubbles on the doors and the window roof line and the odds are more surprises...definitely gonna need a good amount of money to be able to drive regularly not to mention the performance parts I'd want to do it....

i was was just wondering what I should be paying for something like that? The guy is asking 20k...seems pretty high to me but thought I would get an idea what the market is for something like this....thank you for any input guys!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
      The car I was looking at today is a 72 cuda 440 manual all original....
      1971 was the last year you could get a big block or Hemi in the 'Cuda. 1972 with 440 is not original.

That said, $20k is not a bad price.

A lot of "ifs"... hard to say without seeing the car.

Thank you very much...good info...I will try and get some pics

Country Flag: United States
      I'm going to say too high. You can get an okay small block '70-'71 for that, and a nicer '72-'74. Rust bubbles are scary, and if it's been painted in the last year, very scary. You need to do some looking. In the trunk, look up under the quarter panel and see if it's been skinned. While looking up from inside the trunk, look at the rear sail panel. See if it's rusting away at the glass channel. Then under the car. Look at the torsion bar cross member and see if it has rust in it or at the ends as well as the rear rails. While there, see if the floor was replaced. Lots of these were done poorly by just cutting the old floor at the rocker and putting the new one over. Look at the firewall drain for rust through. Any or all of these will be a few thousand to ten plus thousand dollars to repair. Better off paying more for a good car with no rust. I looked at probably 15 'Cuda's before I bought mine (well over a 1000 miles in travels). All were represented as nice rust free...none of them were. Don't trust the seller or pics, you have to see it yourself! Finally found a rust free California car, paid a little more, and never looked back.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com