Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Value very high end 70' Nova

Hey Guys
      I have an opportunity to take over a build for about 40 cents on the dollar on a 70 Nova.
      Brief overview of the build:
      Full DSE front and rear / mini tubbed / Rushforth wheels / MAST Black Label 635 HP LS3 / T56 magnum

I can take this car to a very high level for a very decent price but my concern is what the market is like for a 70' Nova of this caliber. If this was a 69' Camaro (like I have) I know exactly what it would be worth and I am in the dark with the Nova.

Would be finished similarly to this
      http://jalopnik.com/5167160/troy-tre...our-girlfriend

The other option I am entertaining is taking all the parts off the car and doing another 1st Gen camaro ...

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks guys
      Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

Country Flag: United States
      Hey Steve,

For what it's worth, I have always loved this body style Nova and if my Camaro(like yourself) wasn't an option, I would have gone with '69-'71 Nova. If you are keeping it - hell run with it! Would be awesome to see one of these at a car show for a change. As for turn around value.......could go either way. You may have a bidding war as there aren't many of these hi-end builds(at least that I have ever seen) or you'll be stuck in that 30k catagory. I guess I am saying for a value factor I might strip it and build a 1st gen Camaro that will add 100K to it out of the gate OR for the coolness factor - blow out that Nova and have one of those stand out cars. I know not much help lol. Good luck my friend! ~Greg

EXACTLY my thinking as well Greg

Thanks buddy
      Steve
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD

If you have under $15k initial buy in with good parts and simply need to finish with minimal extra parts needed or large amount of body work/mods then your good as my buddy has 70 roller coming back from deer repair( fresh out of paint he hits deer in 1st month).
      So now does he sell rolling chassis minus eng/trans, figure $10k-$12k as is, add bbc/trans figure $15k-$20k.
      Now he is old school, manuals are muncies/doug nash, auto trans are th350. Most of his cars have manual brakes/steering but big power. Want to see some look on racingjunk.com search for cars from Loogootee IN
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Steve,
      I'm putting a build plan together for a 71 Nova SS pro tour build. It's a true SS I bought as a roller.
      As Greg stated, it's probably more a sentimental build than financially sound one.
      If you you decide to not persue either the car or the parts, can you let me know? I could make do with a 70 also.
      Thanks,
      Wes

Will do Wes, likely will grab the parts and sell off the car itself ... from what I understand a lot of the work is complete and its already mini tubbed

Cheers
      Steve
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD

Personally I would build it out. I don't have either car(Camaro or Nova), but my preference has always been the Nova. No offense to 1st Gen owners, but you can't go ot a show without tripping over them. Not enough well done Nova's out there.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com