Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Which rear suspension set up offers the most room for exhaust?

Hello All,

I am looking at a rear suspension set up for my 69 camaro. Has stock leafs and drums out back with a 10 bolt. My over all goal is to make as much room possible from my corsa sport mufflers from a 05-06 GTO. I will also be purchasing a narrow tank for more clearance.

I was looking at Chassisworks G-Link, ridetech 4-link and Speedtech TQ arm. DSE it out for me due to my lack of welding skills and BMR is out even tho I know there is no welding required. This is the room I am trying to achieve.

Thanks for your advice and help
      Ray

Name:  IMG_2211.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  265.7 KB
      2014 ZL1

Speedtech also requires welding as with most link kits. One single torque arm and panhard gives a lot of clearance behind the axle.

Watts link setup will get tight.

Country Flag: Canada
      Speedtech Tq Arm and I'm full 3" over axel

Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

Speed tech torque arm
      Ahmad B.

Our Torque Arm doesn't require Welding and a Good Exhaust guy can do wonders!

You guys with the speedtech tq arm can you post pics.
      2014 ZL1

Much less than the welding required for other systems, the only welding required for a Speedtech TQ arm is on the support crossmember that laterally connects the rear frame rails and houses the bracket for the panhard bar and upper shock mounts. It's usually only 30 minutes or less welding time to install. We do it this way because factory frame rails are surprisingly thin and lack a lot of support, and welding the crossmember in provides positive integrated support unions.

The Speedtech TA center arm has all the strength and structure built internally with gussets and a specific higher strength alloy than we use for other parts. What you see is what you get, it's strong, clean and compact so it allows plenty of room for exhaust routing.

In our shop we mostly do 3" out the back. Although not required, Rick's Tanks sells both a fabbed stainless tank and their new resto mod tank with the corners notched for softer exhaust bends. You can also do this with a factory tank as seen in the last pic.

Some pics of TA exhaust. The first yellow car has 2.5". Others are 3"

Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 10-27-2016 at 09:54 AM.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com