Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lsx Concepts CTS-V Brakes

Hi All, this post is very delayed as I have been running this setup for a few months now but I did want to post and thank Lsx concepts for an amazing product, excellent work, and incredible customer service as we went through some headache getting the rear to work since I have a 12 bolt with ford ends. In the end everything fit perfect and I can't say enough great things about Lsx Concepts.
      The calipers are from a 2011 cts-v and rotors were made by adams rotors (15 inch fronts and 14.4 inch rears)

Enough talk, onto the pics.

Country Flag: United States
      Man that looks killer

Looks great. On the front are you running stock spindles? Do you know if they make an adapter to ru n the brakes with afx spindles?

I am running ride tech spindles with wildwood hubs

Looks awesome, I have the LSX concepts brackets with the same spindle and hub setup. I was really happy with the fitment. I don't believe they will work with AFX spindles

Looks great! What size MC did you use? What are the specs on the wheels and what size hub pads did they have?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

thanks for posting the pics. that's a killer set-up!
      we've been doing a ton of these CTS-V rotors for diff. conversions...feel free to visit our site or email us any questions!
      adam | adam's rotors inc. | [email protected] | est. 2006
      customizable factory-fit brake rotors, made-to-order | adamsrotors.com
      follow/like/@/tag @adamsrotors on twitter, instagram, & facebook | #adamsrotors

Thanks Adam! You guys definitely know what your doing, these rotors are awesome.

As for the MC and pad height, I'll have to go back and track the numbers down. I bought the master years ago when I was on a wildwood setup. The pad height was whatever weld considered "high pad height" I'll have to track those numbers down as its been a while.

I also believe there is a different vendor that makes this setup for afx and different hubs, it was on a post here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the owl View Post
      Hi All, this post is very delayed as I have been running this setup for a few months now but I did want to post and thank Lsx concepts for an amazing product, excellent work, and incredible customer service as we went through some headache getting the rear to work since I have a 12 bolt with ford ends. In the end everything fit perfect and I can't say enough great things about Lsx Concepts.
      The calipers are from a 2011 cts-v and rotors were made by adams rotors (15 inch fronts and 14.4 inch rears)
      Thanks for the great review on our brackets Tom, glad to see everything went together and fit like its supposed to even though we had to make a custom one off set of brackets without test fitting. what wheels specs did you get to fit your combo (offset/size)?

The fronts are 18x9 with 6" bs and the rears are 18x11 with 6.6" bs. Specifically, these weld wheels have a bunch of room for brakes. I had xxr 526's before that would not fit (not surprising as they were cast wheels)

The fronts are 18x9 with 6" bs and the rears are 18x11 with 6.6" bs. Specifically, these weld wheels have a bunch of room for brakes. I had xxr 526's before that would not fit (not surprising as they were cast wheels)
      Love your car....nice job

Thanks man, it's people like you that make it possible for us garage built guys with simple hand tools.

Did you run into any problems mounting these up. I am debating on buying these brakes for my 66 chevelle. I'll also be mounting them on ridetech spindles. Any suggestions or advice would be great.

Also, what did you do for emergency brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
      Also, what did you do for emergency brakes?
      Our Ford 9 Inch Rear end kit for the 5Gen Brakes uses the factory GM emergency brakes from the donor car with some fairly easy modifications.

Will these work with standard brembo? I just upgrade my 2011 SS to zl1 brakes and have a low miles stock ss setup...
      1973 Firebird 466 Pontiac, T56, C5 Brakes, PTFB and Hotchkis suspension
      2011 Camaro SS Supercharged, ZL1 body and brakes, Z28 suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by 70Uglybird View Post
      Will these work with standard brembo? I just upgrade my 2011 SS to zl1 brakes and have a low miles stock ss setup...
      As long as they are the Gen5 SS Brembo's yes...

Oh no! I have the XXR 526 BNIB. I have the 20" version of them for my gen 5 conversion. Do you think the size I picked will fit?
      I am SUCH a rookie to Pro-Touring

Looks great, do you remember how much you narrowed the rear end? Just comparing backspace numbers and was curious how narrow yours was.
      Thanks

ridetech spindles will work, it is what I am running.

As for the 20"xxrs it might fit. It wasn't the caliper overhang it was the thickness of the wheel for a 18".

My rears is narrowed 2" total..... 1 on each side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com