Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Calling upcoming Clt peeps

Looks like I will be out there fri n sat, never been to a event. If I can't bring out my 68 conv project, does anyone need. help running/crewing the auto x? I am a pro crew member & make a better worker than spectator.
      Either way, shout out to all you attendees be cool to meet ya in person
      peace
      kevin slack

'68 Camaro 'vert project

We will be there all 3 days. Stop by and say hi!!

Will do Randy! By the way do you know anybody in Goodguys? I have a non-street legal car I wanna run on Sunday as a exhibition only entry. Basically a excuse to have fun on the auto cross track in a race car. I'll share pix when I figure out how to get them off my new to me dumb fone android. The car is a older Cup car with a COT body that wood Bros racing used for pits top practice. They are moving their shop up to Morresville NC & sold it to me cheap. It just has a low-perf basic GM crate/auto trans in it for now. I'm not gonna have time to put in my bassazz race engine in it by the event. Just wanting to go out n have fun. Future plans include getting it street legal n SCCA certified to run SPO in ameture events.We ran similar cars 10 years ago at a small team that I worked for.....a cheap way to go 200. I have no illusions of grandeur in being capable for licensing & driving at that level, just building the car and selling it to a rich person who can...
      Look forward to meeting you
      My iPad autocorrect sux
      '68 Camaro 'vert project

I've been looking forward to the event for a while but I now have to go overseas last minute for work. I'm hoping my car will be ready to enter at next years event. take lots of pictures guys

Quote Originally Posted by slacker1965 View Post
      Will do Randy! By the way do you know anybody in Goodguys? I have a non-street legal car I wanna run on Sunday as a exhibition only entry. Basically a excuse to have fun on the auto cross track in a race car. I'll share pix when I figure out how to get them off my new to me dumb fone android. The car is a older Cup car with a COT body that wood Bros racing used for pits top practice. They are moving their shop up to Morresville NC & sold it to me cheap. It just has a low-perf basic GM crate/auto trans in it for now. I'm not gonna have time to put in my bassazz race engine in it by the event. Just wanting to go out n have fun. Future plans include getting it street legal n SCCA certified to run SPO in ameture events.We ran similar cars 10 years ago at a small team that I worked for.....a cheap way to go 200. I have no illusions of grandeur in being capable for licensing & driving at that level, just building the car and selling it to a rich person who can...
      Look forward to meeting you
      My iPad autocorrect sux
      Man, I am not sure on that one.

here is the rules:
      https://www.good-guys.com/pdf/autocr...s_rules_16.pdf

Rule #1 is no Comp Entrys...lol.

See ya there.

yeah I am gonna try to convince somebody to let me hot lap the car sunday as a exhibition only, not interested in competition unless some pro driver wants to do it. I am out there for work fri/sat, but sunday is all mine.I got no seat time in any kind of race car in 8 years & that was on dirt. hustling a heavy stock car around a autox would be tough enough, this thing has a 250-300hp crate motor & auto trans so it will probably be painfully slow. a good motor would make it drive so much better & probably easier if one didn't get too stupid with the power.
      do you know if any of the respected regulars here are attending? if we convince anyone to help this happen, they are welcome to flog it.
      do they need PT corner workers? I am guessing that that would be a good opportunity to get to know some of the principals & try to plead my case.
      thanks for all your time
      '68 Camaro 'vert project

I don't see any reason why you can't do fun runs, all of us in the Friday and Saturday classes are considered fun runs on Sunday. Ed Capen would be the one to give his blessing (if he's there) or speak to John that runs the auto-x. Look me up and I'll be happy to lobby for you. Look for these 2 cars parked next to each other

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com