Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: England
      Long overdue update:

We've been held up by indecision over front suspension, but have finally opted to go with double wishbones and not the Mac Struts as originally intended. So in order to get them fabricated at our extra wide track (governed by the IRS and propsed wheel sizes) we needed to get measuring points from the spindles we didn't have. Getting hold of anything Mustang over here in the UK can be a massive ball ache and a huge cost with VAT and import duties slapped on anything we bring in from the US. Plus there's the time to ship and Hurricanes etc. (thoughts with anyone affected by Irma more seriously than us!) to add to that time...

Anyway, we've got most of the bits and pieces now:

Wilwood's Pro Spindles with 2" drop, hubs and 14" rotors, bells and special order Competition Orange 6 pot callipers which added a few more weeks...

So we modified the hubs to carry the ABS reluctor rings:

We got hold of some adjustable camber arms from Steeda. Steeda UK are sponsoring our build now
      So I better say #Steeda #SteedaUK

Waiting for stuff we've ordered from the States gives us time to think. And plan. And research. So while we were waiting for Dynacorn floor, firewall and inner fender panels to make their way across the pond, I started phoning Europe's best shock manufacturers. Öhlins were first point of call, then K&W, but the guys who had a growing rep, and were the easisest and most enthusiastic/helpful to talk to, were a UK company; Nitron. I've been chatting with them for a while and they're so into the project they've sponsored us. That meens they join Forgeline and Steeda UK in supporting our build.

I lso had some time to research paints and create a new render to celebrate Nitron coming on board!

Subscribed
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

Will be seeing these through the rear window...

Nitron Race R3 System

3-Way independent damping adjustment with remote reservoir for quick adjustment of rebound and fast and slow compression damping. That means we can mount them in nice easy to reach places for minimum tackside faffing. We're lazy buggers!

They're custom built, sprung and fully serviceable with yummy Titanium hard-anodised parts! Love that colour too

Country Flag: Sweden
      Cool project and really nice render!

Well it's been bloody ages, but we've been waiting on a favour from a friend and we all know how that goes... He's been busy, but finally some progress. It's not much to look at, but exciting for us none the less. It's even more complicated as he lives, literally on the other side of the world and it's been race season there. But finally, work has started on the front wishbones. The top 'bones are cut. The slugs are finally the right size and I'm getting excited to see some evidence of both plans and work. These won't be finish-cut until the jig is made, but we just thought you'd like to see something!

Oh and we got the new front half of floor and firewall in place...

Inner fender aprons in too...

Nice! Really liking that render with the blue side stripe! Where in the UK are you? Whos doing the work?
      Manuel Scettri
      ------------------------------------------------
      1973 Firebird - Pontiac 455
      1990 2 Door 4Runner - byebye
      2016 KIA Sportage diesel - The Daily Driver

Thanks man. We're just in West Sussex, about 50 miles South of London. Work is being done by friends and friends of friends. People who really know what they're doing. No big names, just low-key geezers with huge experience of building and restoring American and English race cars. Me and my buddy will chip in when the stuff gets easier!

Country Flag: United States
      Awesome. Subscribed !!

Country Flag: Belgium
      Brutal car ( atleast in the render for now )

Love bodykits and big flares ( not handy enough myself to do it on my car and no kit available that i know of)
      Good luck with the project,will keep an eye on this.

Btw , where do you make this pictures ( rendering? )

Greets

No bodykit. It'll be hand made. Hope its gonna work...

Renders done by a guy i found on www.peopleperhour.com A lot of email instructions - he's Latvian.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhand View Post
      Thanks man. We're just in West Sussex, about 50 miles South of London. Work is being done by friends and friends of friends. People who really know what they're doing. No big names, just low-key geezers with huge experience of building and restoring American and English race cars. Me and my buddy will chip in when the stuff gets easier!
      Excellent! Hope to see you at some car show at some point. Ive recently moved just outside East London...quite a good amount of shops dealing with classics and people driving them around too.
      Manuel Scettri

Not a million miles away. I know some good Mustang people your way... Have you brought the Firebird over with you?

Country Flag: United States
      This should be a blast to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhand View Post
      Not a million miles away. I know some good Mustang people your way... Have you brought the Firebird over with you?
      I did! Just had a Holly Sniper installed by the guys at CES. Should start driving it again in a week or two.
      Manuel Scettri

this one needs an update

Oh alright then.

Some work on the wishbone and shock mounts. Once we've worked out how the shocks will mount to the lower wishbone, we'll be getting Nitron to make us up a set of three-way adjustable coilovers.

Name:  IMG_0512.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  117.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_0524.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  172.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_0525.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  116.7 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com