Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Working out the front end. The alignment holes are wrong and the widely available frame measurement drawings are inconsistent. So the name of the game is measure as much as possible from as many points as I can. I'm also pretty unhappy with how the halves of the right rail are assembled. They're way off of where they should be. But anybody installing parts this important should be able to figure that out, I guess.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

This is just a mockup to see how well the fenders match the body. Far from the perfection I'm looking for, but considering I just clecoed the front end together it's not bad.

Big nope for the inner fender to firewall meeting... not even close even though the parts are from the same brand.

Country Flag: United States
      The 250 would be a great starting point to do something innovational. I understand wanting to use the ecoboost but short of rear mounting the turbos, In order to put all that under the hood, my thought is that you will have to mount each turbo in front on the tires. Because you are starting with a clean slate, it doesn't matter.

I had to run some pieces of all-thread diagonally between the rails of my jig to keep it from moving side to side. I also started welding up the front end.

The suspension is from Rod and Custom Motorsports. I have taken a few liberties with the suspension design as you'll see in the future posts.

When everything measured out how it should, I started making it permanent. I welded in the crossmember and spring hats. Then added SPC adjustable upper control arms. I'm using Wilwood pro Mustang II style 2" drop spindles. They are about 1" taller than stock Mustang II. The point of the SPC upper control arms is to fix the upper control arm into a position on the frame rather than using the sliders.

This is going to be a awesome build with either engine. I'm interested in the SPC UCA for my Falcon. Will have to look into them.

Subscribed.

The nice thing about the UCA is it allows you to eliminate the sliders. I plan to put a plate of steel below the slider hole and tap two or three bolt holes in it just in case I can't get the adjustment I need with the UCA. I don't like that they used grade 5 bolts on the part. They look cheap. But otherwise, the part looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestang65 View Post
      The nice thing about the UCA is it allows you to eliminate the sliders. I plan to put a plate of steel below the slider hole and tap two or three bolt holes in it just in case I can't get the adjustment I need with the UCA. I don't like that they used grade 5 bolts on the part. They look cheap. But otherwise, the part looks nice.
      I like that idea. May steal it. ;)

I have had a T bolt slide before. Aligned it again and tightened, it hasn't moved again.

Interesting project. I like it! Us coupe guys have to stick together

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Kinda halfway rooting for the EB to be a non-starter since the inline six would be soo cool. I also have one of the CI heads, setting mine up for Bike Carbs. But those cast in injector bungs are also tempting...
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Nice build and nice welds! Its great to see someone do a different engine swap. Can't wait to see the finish project and hear your opinion on how it drives.

im so jealous of this build. I've wanted to do a 65 or 66 with an ecoboost for a daily for a while now
      Last edited by justin51986; 10-17-2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: damn autocorrect
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

Future coyote

Wow 2 pages in and this build is already really serious! Our buddies at Classic Recreations are actually debuting a 66 Shelby with an ecoboost at SEMA this year, too.

Any updates? This build is so cool, im thinking of this swap as well!
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

Very cool build.

any updates on this build?
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

Future coyote

Hope the updates have the eb setup..

I'm kinda rooting for the i6efi...

Update please-
      1951 Ford F1, 1967 RS Camaro, 1979 Firebird Formula, 1979 Trans Am/LS swap.

Looks like the Mustang has a little more room in the engine bay for the 3.5 EB than I have in in my 64 Falcon swap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com