Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

What do you think I can sell my 68 project for?

Hi, I purchased it as a complete and perfectly running car about 10 years ago. A friend talked me into letting him mini-tub it. Project got outta hand as well as beyond my friends skill level. Thats when I moved it to a reputable shop and they rebuilt the rear with new sheetmetal. The following is a list of the big ticket parts. I have everything to put the car back together but still needs some stuff for the LS conversion (tank, fuel lines)
      • Art Morrison rear sub
      • Strange narrowed rear axle
      • DSE sub in the front
      • DSE mini tubs
      • Media blasted and all the panels are fitted, ready for body work
      • Anvil carbon hood, trunk, cowl, and rear spoiler
      • Texas speed LS1. 470 something HP. ARP throughout. Aftermarket heads w/ bigger valves, LS6 intake, Texas Speed V2 cam with 30k
      • T56 with 30k
      • LS7 clutch
      • Z06 front and rear brakes
      • AutoRad aluminum radiator support
      • Be Cool alum radiator with dual Spal fans
      • Recaros with fans, lumbar
      • Autometer gauges
      • Original cowl hood
      • DSE billet hood hinges
      • Eddie Motorsports trunk hinges

I've owned the car for around 10 years. Mildly modded and running for the first 2. Back home for about 3 years now. Got married 3 years ago and back in school with a full time job. Been tough to work on it with busier schedule, and losing some garage space with the addition of my wifes car. She wants to see it finished but I've been thinking about the unmentionable. Help me decide how much I might lose selling it. I stopped counting after 50k which is including the original purchase price, & what I spent at the shop to rebuild the back half of the car. Thank you guys in advance.

Great project that I would love to drag home and finish. Unfortunately project cars are tough to sell for good money. I am going to estimate around $25-30k.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Thanks for the estimate Don. I'm gonna talk it over with my wife and depending on the outcome, maybe move it over to the for sale section (with better pics and full list of parts) and try to get something in the 30's. She's having a hard time with me wanting to down size by selling our bikes and the Camaro. The realization is she's in school full time, with a part time job and my full time job with part time school. Some days we're just doing homework most of the day.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com