Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LQ9 w/ 317 heads Intake Manifold Upgrade Without Swapping Heads?

Hi guys. I recently purchased an LQ9 with 317 heads. I was wondering if anyone knew off hand what intake I can throw on WITHOUT changing the heads. My goal is to use as much stock items as I can, but I hate the look of the stock truck intake.
      Also, I'm throwing it in a 68 Chevelle. If anyone has experience throwing an LQ9 in an A-Body and can chime in on clearance issues and accessory drive choice. That'll be awesome!

I have a ls1 intake on my LQ9 with 317's. Previous owner did it. I am swapping out the ls1 for a ls6 intake currently. I have a 1st Gen camaro.

Any cathedral port manifold will work. The stock truck intake is actually a really good performer (just ugly). If you don't like the look you could shave it, or there are those that will do it for you (for much less than even a used LS1 or LS6 with fuel rail and injectors).

Name:  plasticweld1.jpg
Views: 3435
Size:  89.7 KB
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

With a 68, you should head directly to Holley's website to check our their LS install kit that includes lower mounts, headers, and accessories that work together. It's well thought out.

Kerry
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

I'd personally use slider mounts like Dirty Dingo for the most adjustability. If you don't want to spend the coin on stainless headers, Doug's A body swap headers are a good fit. For the pan, Holley or Autokraft, but Holley pan may require the Holley frame mounts, . Just my .02
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I have the same motor and heads but I have an ls6 intake and ported throttle body on mine. I believe that the ls6 intake is one of the best stock intakes for our motors but I think the truck intakes are close. I also have an engine cover from a newer camaro on it as well without any hood clearance issues. My accessory drive is a typical ls1 setup.

Attached Images Attached Images    

1968 Camaro 6.0 LQ9/4L60E
      2001 Trans Am 5.7 LS1/M6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com