Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Stripe Color On My '68 Camaro

I'm getting really close to painting my Camaro. I've got the body work done and I'm finishing up a few things before I send it to be painted and buffed. The color I'm painting it is a dark charcoal metallic with four colors of pearl. (the pearl colors don't stand out until the sun hits it) Really nice color I think. My question is this, I'm wanting to do the SS stripes in a color that's almost unseen until you look for it. I don't want a contrasting color, almost like a ghost color. I was thinking either a lighter color than the dark charcoal, a darker, dark charcoal, or maybe even a black pearl. I need you guy's opinion on what you think would look good even if it's not one of these colors.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I like the idea of a darker color stripe.

Leaning toward darker too. What color are your wheels?

Wheels are currently silver (stock rallye wheels), going with chrome wheels when budget says I can...

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Any other ideas from anyone?

Carl Wilson

You also might want to try House of Kolor's rendering program. You can tweak all the details and see what looks best.

http://www.hokdigitalpaintbooth.com/

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com