Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

keyless entry and push button start

I am looking to add a keyless entry and push button start to a 69 camaro. I have a shaved column and plan to put the bottom in dash or console. I have been looking at the ikey kit from MCB. Any other systems out there better or is the best on the market? Input and real world experience with this kit would be appreciated. Thanks
      David Butler
      "If you're not first, you're last"
      67 Camaro Twin Turbo SBC (changing from Blow-thru to Holley HP EFI)

Which ever kit you choose we have the MI 910 door lock actuator installation kit to install the actuators in your doors. We also have the actuators, p/n W15F that the MI 910 are designed to fit. I know you stated that you are looking for a push button start and keyless entry unit, however if you decide to just go with a keyless entry kit we have the MI 700.
      Shannon

Modo Innovations
      940-391-9002

I went with Advanced Keys for mine. It's a nice kit with a lot of good functionality.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

I am looking for the same info for my car,

ULTM8Z what does your key fob look like?

Shannon does your MI820 kit have a place where you can hook up a manual cable to the latch?

thanks,

kelly

'66 Chevelle BBC/TKO600r, Holley Sniper EFI, Tanks Inc, RideTech Air Ride, Wilwood, Billet Specialties Toploaders 19"/20", Nitto NT555G2, Octane Lighting LED, DIGI-TAILS Front & Rear, Randy's Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by all4sho View Post

Shannon does your MI820 kit have a place where you can hook up a manual cable to the latch?

thanks,

kelly
      Yes, but only if you have shaved your trunk key lock. I have a sketch I can provide that shows you how to make a simple cable pull.
      Shannon

Modo Innovations
      940-391-9002

You can get a glimpse of it in this YouTube video of the system working.

Contrary to what's shown in the video, you don't have to push the button so many times to start the car. You can simply get in push the brake pedal and then start the car if you want. I was turning on the ignition first in the video to prime the fuel pump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8THLF...ature=youtu.be
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Autoloc

Quote Originally Posted by DButler View Post
      I am looking to add a keyless entry and push button start to a 69 camaro. I have a shaved column and plan to put the bottom in dash or console. I have been looking at the ikey kit from MCB. Any other systems out there better or is the best on the market? Input and real world experience with this kit would be appreciated. Thanks
      I used the AUTOLOC kit with along with the immobilizer kit and a dakota digital setup for power window control. seemed to worked great in the truck it was used for. no complaints as both autoloc and Dakota were more than willing to assist with Tech support.

and when they say to use a 12v battery source for testing (NOT A CHARGER).... they mean it. and have it charged. otherwise relays and stuff start acting weird and you will be chasing non problem items that you are causing.

MCB is good. Why to look for another system?

I just got my car back from installing push button start and electronic locks. I used Modo's door lock kit with a digital guard dawg PBS-2 start system. It is awesome!

I also tried Modo's trunk latch which is high quality but unfortunately ran into problems with my ridetech fuel cap, and cannot work without some modifications fyi.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Whooppass View Post
      I just got my car back from installing push button start and electronic locks. I used Modo's door lock kit with a digital guard dawg PBS-2 start system. It is awesome!

I also tried Modo's trunk latch which is high quality but unfortunately ran into problems with my ridetech fuel cap, and cannot work without some modifications fyi.

Do you also have a security system, I was looking at the same PBS-2 / IKey system curious if it integrates with a viper or similar alarm system?

It does, but I do not have an alarm

I have had the Bowler push button system installed in my car for the past two years. Zero issues. It works every time. This is the same system the Ringbrothers use in all of their builds.

1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com