Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Hi from CT

Hi from CT

Hi all,
      I've decided to sign up again, As I couldn't get my original username and password to reset. I'm 36 with two kids and a wife that doesn't mind my hobbies. I work too much and need to start enjoying those hobbies more. My son is 4 now and has taken an interest in anything dad does, and I want to start a father son project. I've been lurking here on and off for a few years, and I have decided to transform my 89 Silverado from a confused, air bagged, zero traction mess, into a truck thst handles and is fun to drive again. I have good bones to work with. A fully built and balanced 383 LT1 that has more than enough power. (That's getting rebuilt due to the oil pump drive gear stripping out on the camshaft.). I don't know wether or not to keep the motor NA or I'm kind of digging a turbo setup. Undecided at this point. It's backed by a t56 with some mild carbon/ceramic upgrades inside. Spec stage 3 clutch and flywheel. Factory 10 bolt has an eaton posi and hardened axle shafts. The drivetrain should be close to perfect for what I want to do.
      My issue is with suspension. It currently has airbags on all four corners, and it lays frame when aired out. The rear suspension is a kp-components 6 link with panhard bar. It was fun and cool when I was in my 20's, But I have to feather the gas to keep the tires from spinning. Forget about a hard launch, It just shakes the rear end so bad that the fillings in your teeth will rattle loose. I need serious help in setting it up right, or using the parts to build a better setup. I've been thinking of just building a new triangulated setup as well.
      I can't dig into this project until I finish some major landscaping and garage projects, So I'm just in the info gathering stage at the moment. Thanks to everyone for all the great info here, and I look forward to learning more about the protouring movement!

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome. There are a lot of truck build on this forum...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Welcome. There are a lot of truck build on this forum...

Andrew
      I know! I'm digging it. 😁

Welcome aboard, also from CT. I'm up near Bradley Airport area.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Hi Glenn, im in manchester. I work up in that area often though ��

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com